Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Feb 4, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #5,191 of 7,153
Any decent chi-fi over ear headphones under $50 which can be used as studio monitors? One of my friends is looking for a pair monitors but is on a tight budget. Thanks in advance.

Guys, I really need a pair of bluetooths--had a decent pair I got a year ago the power input doesn't seem to work! And, I can't exactly afford to put down over 50$ for a quality pair.

Are there any really good stand outs? The pair I had felt like a dream to wear and was noise cancelling, plus seem to have ok noise isolation. The amount of options on the site are very overwhelming.
I haven't been here a while, but the OneAudio DJ Studio Wireless should suit both of your needs real fine. It's great wired and wireless, sounding balanced and clear. Even comes with an attachable mic!

Feb 4, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #5,192 of 7,153
Any decent chi-fi over ear headphones under $50 which can be used as studio monitors? One of my friends is looking for a pair monitors but is on a tight budget. Thanks in advance.
that is....like...yeah,best price ever for Takstar PRO82 (wrongly named) and without gain switch for bass its quite neutral, use it for mixing sometime.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takstar-TS-650-Professional-Studio-Dynamic-Monitor-Headphone-Headset-for-CL/132927567153?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20131003132420&meid=05fea9561fef442483c5a0dada48472e&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=3&sd=123609609236&itm=132927567153&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #5,193 of 7,153

Hmmm, given that there actually is a TS-650 model, I wonder if the seller just has the wrong pictures and description. The seller has multiple listings for TS-650 with pictures of the Pro82.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #5,194 of 7,153
Hmmm, given that there actually is a TS-650 model, I wonder if the seller just has the wrong pictures and description. The seller has multiple listings for TS-650 with pictures of the Pro82.
yeah....its perhapsrisky butI was like...well, can you get if for free then with intense ebay buyer protection???

Perhaps its better to pay 6$ more on Aliexpress I guess!

Still, now I wonder how this TS-650 sound lol

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,195 of 7,153

To my ears Pro 82 has quite scooped and muddy sounding mids with some bass bleed and artificially boosted treble, not exactly a neutral signature (although its quite neutral in chi-fi-standards). Similarly priced SRH440 and MDR-V6 are better for mixing/monitoring imo.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #5,196 of 7,153
I'm curious what your favourite cheap closed back headphones is, just to compare them.

- OneAudio A2/ DJ Studio Wireless (30 dollar, my personal favourite of affordable Bluetooth headphones)
- Takstar PRO82
- Monoprice Stage Right

Which would you add to the list (or remove :))?

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #5,199 of 7,153
To my ears Pro 82 has quite scooped and muddy sounding mids with some bass bleed and artificially boosted treble, not exactly a neutral signature (although its quite neutral in chi-fi-standards). Similarly priced SRH440 and MDR-V6 are better for mixing/monitoring imo.

Hum....im very confuse about diametraly opposite impressions of lot of people about those PRO82....other say it do not have bass at all too...perhaps there something very strange going on with either QC or drivers changing without we know it...anyway, I had the V6 and my brother still have the SRH440 and both do sound too fowards and bright to my ears and lack clean deepness and soundstage as my pair of PRO82. And they cost 2 times the price. Both way overrated IMO but have great construction.

Anyway, PRO82 inconsistant impressions will make me less prompt to suggest it now. My pair to have a little problem sometime, if i listen to bassy music at extreme high volume it can create distortion.

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #5,200 of 7,153
''
Some folks online are convinced that there are two different models of these headphones, that come in different colored boxes…but after lots of research, I think these are just standard manufacturing differences and down to whatever Takstar has on hand at the time.

The older models supposedly come with a 2.2m cable, and the newer ones come with a 1.6m cable. Well, my unit was manufactured in March of this year…and came with the 2.2m cable. And that’s listed as the current cable length on their site. So there you go.''

Hum...as said...strange. I have the 1.6m cable version and you??

Feb 6, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #5,201 of 7,153
Feb 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,202 of 7,153
Feb 6, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #5,203 of 7,153
Hum....im very confuse about diametraly opposite impressions of lot of people about those PRO82....other say it do not have bass at all too...perhaps there something very strange going on with either QC or drivers changing without we know it...anyway, I had the V6 and my brother still have the SRH440 and both do sound too fowards and bright to my ears and lack clean deepness and soundstage as my pair of PRO82. And they cost 2 times the price. Both way overrated IMO but have great construction.

Anyway, PRO82 inconsistant impressions will make me less prompt to suggest it now. My pair to have a little problem sometime, if i listen to bassy music at extreme high volume it can create distortion.

I own both V6 and Pro 82 and to my ears V6 has clearly better midrange clarity and more natural timbres compared to Takstars. Mids on Pro 82 sounds somewhat hollow and muddy in comparison. V6 has also cleaner and tighter bass than 82 which i prefer. Pro 82 appears slightly wider, scooped mids probably give an impression of depth but still makes the soundstage feel little unnatural and cramped to me, its hard to explain. :D V6 just has more "air" on it and appears less stuffy. Pro 82 is still quite nice sounding headphone on its own but i prefer Sonys for music and Takstars for gaming. :)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #5,204 of 7,153
Haha, thanks! I'll skip that one. Other suggestions are welcome!

A wise choice IMHO. One of the most disappointing headphones I've ever heard...

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #5,205 of 7,153
Haha, thanks! I'll skip that one. Other suggestions are welcome!

A wise choice IMHO. One of the most disappointing headphones I've ever heard...

I skipped it as well.

When it was 1st released, there seemed to be a 1-man hype train singing it’s praises.

But then as others got it, it appeared to be a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde headphone. Some liked it, some disliked it.

Whether the polarization was due to (the rumor of) 2 different versions, some QC variations, or expectation/new toy bias was unknown.

I avoided getting it, as there is just many other choices that are more consistent and less risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back