Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #22,021 of 35,472

Usually I like foamies but the fit is so awkward with foamies on the Titta. It holds it in at a weird uncomfortable angle so i switched back to the silicon stock tips.

My only big complaint is that it comes with 2 set of the same size tips. no larger or smaller ones???

Titta rules!!! Truly a keeper which is too bad for my wallet but this is the first non basshead IEM  I bought in a long time and I'm loving it. I will write an actual review here when I've owned them for a little while longer but I feel like the soundstage and presentation is almost grado like?

...Dare I say the Titta has better mids than the Sony MDR 7550?! It has been getting ALL my head time lately! I keep switching to other iems, and less than a minute later the Tittas are back in!

TWIN I blame you...

cool.gif
Vapman, SOMEONE had to do it.

Ya think they were worth the price of admission?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #22,022 of 35,472
Jan 26, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #22,023 of 35,472
  Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm thinking of ordering few earphones from aliexpress & have some questions..

1. What's the best chinese budget dac or amp or combo under $50?

2. dac or amp? which one is more important for sound improvement?

3. I don't hear any noise from my laptop headphone jack, is dac really necessary or should I buy only the amplifier?

4. I heard some earphones do not require dac/amp (they give maximum sound quality even without dac/amp) any examples of such earphones under $20?

Thanks.

if its only for your laptop, the SMSL m2 is a good choice. Very neutral and clean and you have to spend quite a bit more to get a big improvement on it. 

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #22,024 of 35,472
One of my favourits. Very ! even sounding with good extention on both ends and overall a little subbass lift. The closest signature wise imo is the ttpod T1e but overall i think the quadbeats 3 are better sounding in every aspect. MY 2 cents

Do you mean a subbass lift relative to the Quadbeats 2? I have the QB2, and although sound quality is excellent for the $30 then price, it had more midbass than subbass, which was the only disappointment.

Of note, the introduction of the QB3 makes me think the Aliexpress blowout pricing of the QB2 at just under $10 is very likely legitimate. (And they aren't usually faking sub $30 IEMs, other than the FX1X, EDIT, and Piston 2.)

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #22,025 of 35,472
cool.gif
Okay. After some intense listening I have come up with a List. AS OF TODAY These Are My TOP 5 Universals in order of their Listenability. (personal)

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY, based on my personal taste in SQ and EQ.  NOT a comparison of which is BEST. You are familiar with my rantings for certain IEMs so the Results might  actually surprise You:

1. HCK A2
2. Plus One ICON
3. PURO IEM500
4. BETTE 10mm Metall Hybrid
5. Easy Go Pros DQSM

This list doesn't reflect a few that I still am in the process of shall we say, Breaking in.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #22,026 of 35,472

cool.gif
Okay. After some intense listening I have come up with a List. AS OF TODAY These Are My TOP 5 Universals in order of their Listenability. (personal)

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY, based on my personal taste in SQ and EQ.  NOT a comparison of which is BEST. You are familiar with my rantings for certain IEMs so the Results might  actually surprise You:

1. HCK A2
2. Plus One ICON
3. PURO IEM500
5. Easy Go Pros DQSM

This list doesn't reflect a few that I still am in the process of shall we say, Breaking in.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

eek.gif

Dammit, I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't buy anymore more gear for the rest of the year

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #22,028 of 35,472

cool.gif

1. HCK A2
2. Plus One ICON
3. PURO IEM500
5. Easy Go Pros DQSM

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Hmm, no Trinity's in there anywhere eh? Granted, not Chinese enough
eek.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #22,029 of 35,472

eek.gif

Podster, I don't think he's a big fan of the Delta and never has heard the Techne you and I like so much :)

BTW I prefer the Techne's fun filter bass and sub bass to the IE500s but the later have the edge in level of micro-detail and shimmering treble.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #22,030 of 35,472
:cool: Okay. After some intense listening I have come up with a List. AS OF TODAY These Are My TOP 5 Universals in order of their Listenability. (personal)

1. HCK A2
2. Plus One ICON
3. PURO IEM500
5. Easy Go Pros DQSM

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Where are your Tittas in the list? :D

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #22,031 of 35,472
Where are your Tittas in the list?
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
To me the Titttas are NOT an everyday Phone. I use them for critical listening. Particularly on New material that I may want to add to my library.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #22,032 of 35,472
Do you mean a subbass lift relative to the Quadbeats 2? I have the QB2, and although sound quality is excellent for the $30 then price, it had more midbass than subbass, which was the only disappointment.

Of note, the introduction of the QB3 makes me think the Aliexpress blowout pricing of the QB2 at just under $10 is very likely legitimate. (And they aren't usually faking sub $30 IEMs, other than the FX1X, EDIT, and Piston 2.)

Yes a lot deeper subbass than QB 2 but also less midbass. Also noteworthy the very good isolation. Overall bass ist the most prominent area in qb3 but absolutely not overbearing. For me every quadbeat got better than the last one.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #22,033 of 35,472

eek.gif

cool.gif
NO, I can't seem to get the Delta's Bass Right. With the Gunmetal It's bloated and boomy with the new Golds it's just not enough, just too "Audiophile" of an EQ. I suppose that is why Bob is making a Version 2 Now. Don't Get me wrong, they are Superb IEMS, My list pretty Much reflects WHICH earphone am I going to be most likely to reach for FIRST.

It was very Tough Deciding Between the First Three.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #22,034 of 35,472

cool.gif
To me the Titttas are NOT an everyday Phone. I use them for critical listening. Particularly on New material that I may want to add to my library.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Not to mention they are Japanese (or are they Italian) as opposed to Chinese right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back