Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #22,006 of 35,472
You don't have to be qualified to write reviews. Any and all feedback is appreciated with so much out there.

That was a joke :)
I'll try my best once received and burn them. I'm going to compare to Bette's 10mm that I own and DQSM's which should receive together.

I've got so much good advice here, time to give something from myself :)

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #22,007 of 35,472

The driver tube on the Titta has this weird ridge at the end and the whole thing is wider than any driver tube I've seen. Not sure if any comply would fit? Need a ruler,,,

Edit: wedged some ts400 on but isolation still awful and feels weird?

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #22,008 of 35,472
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm thinking of ordering few earphones from aliexpress & have some questions..

1. What's the best chinese budget dac or amp or combo under $50?

2. dac or amp? which one is more important for sound improvement?

3. I don't hear any noise from my laptop headphone jack, is dac really necessary or should I buy only the amplifier?

4. I heard some earphones do not require dac/amp (they give maximum sound quality even without dac/amp) any examples of such earphones under $20?

Thanks.

FiiO E07K is $56 on Amazon. Good entry level DAC/Amp combo, have had it since 2013 and use it as my portable. Used to also use with my laptop as a DAC

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #22,009 of 35,472

The driver tube on the Titta has this weird ridge at the end and the whole thing is wider than any driver tube I've seen. Not sure if any comply would fit? Need a ruler,,,

Edit: wedged some ts400 on but isolation still awful and feels weird?

500's will fit it. had them on there but I can't get foamies to work for me on anything.

Just me.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #22,010 of 35,472

500's will fit it. had them on there but I can't get foamies to work for me on anything.

Just me.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Usually I like foamies but the fit is so awkward with foamies on the Titta. It holds it in at a weird uncomfortable angle so i switched back to the silicon stock tips.

My only big complaint is that it comes with 2 set of the same size tips. no larger or smaller ones???

Titta rules!!! Truly a keeper which is too bad for my wallet but this is the first non basshead IEM  I bought in a long time and I'm loving it. I will write an actual review here when I've owned them for a little while longer but I feel like the soundstage and presentation is almost grado like?

...Dare I say the Titta has better mids than the Sony MDR 7550?! It has been getting ALL my head time lately! I keep switching to other iems, and less than a minute later the Tittas are back in!

TWIN I blame you...

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #22,011 of 35,472

Usually I like foamies but the fit is so awkward with foamies on the Titta. It holds it in at a weird uncomfortable angle so i switched back to the silicon stock tips.

My only big complaint is that it comes with 2 set of the same size tips. no larger or smaller ones???

Titta rules!!! Truly a keeper which is too bad for my wallet but this is the first non basshead IEM  I bought in a long time and I'm loving it. I will write an actual review here when I've owned them for a little while longer but I feel like the soundstage and presentation is almost grado like?

...Dare I say the Titta has better mids than the Sony MDR 7550?! It has been getting ALL my head time lately! I keep switching to other iems, and less than a minute later the Tittas are back in!

TWIN I blame you...

I wonder what someone with no idea about iems would think if they read your first few lines
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #22,015 of 35,472
Pulled out my Piston 2 for the first time in while. On a whim I tried some triple flanges and wow! I really like it. They're good for bedtime. Low profile and the triples really stay put. I also used a file to smooth the sharp edges. Its always nice to rediscover something you already own. :D

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #22,018 of 35,472
Pulled out my Piston 2 for the first time in while. On a whim I tried some triple flanges and wow! I really like it. They're good for bedtime. Low profile and the triples really stay put. I also used a file to smooth the sharp edges. Its always nice to rediscover something you already own.
biggrin.gif

I found the silicone tips from the Xiaomi hybrids more compatable with the Pistons 2. They just get the job done right for me!
etysmile.gif

.....It's a shame for some of these companies that the silicone tips provided can make or break a good sounding IEM. So, we all have to improvise.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #22,020 of 35,472
One of my favourits. Very ! even sounding with good extention on both ends and overall a little subbass lift. The closest signature wise imo is the ttpod T1e but overall i think the quadbeats 3 are better sounding in every aspect. MY 2 cents

Do they really have sub bass (60hz and lower?) or does it have a lot of mid bass?
what source do you use? curious to see if they're basshead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back