Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #2,536 of 35,472
Piston have more laid back sound, bass little overwhelms midrange.
Bass Colour have definitely more low bass, they are sharper in the higher midrange and have more treble than Xiaomi.
Scene is wider in Don Scorpio.

For Bass Colour I recommend Comply Tx-400. Standard tips are hard and uncomfortable.

I didn't have any problems with the comfort of the Bass Colour tips. Although I think the xlarge ones would have been the best fit for my ear canal, but they are too floppy.

And thanks for the comparison. Sounds like the Pistons are not something for me.

But I did enjoy the Bass Colours enough that I sent my pair to my 14 year old son, and I ordered two more pairs (one for me and one to give to my brother). My son loves them enough, that he thinks he wants to order some and sell them at his school :)

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,538 of 35,472
what's the consensus of TTPOD IEM in China?

nevermind, found review who think it's a bass heavy phone with inadequate vocal, looks like it follow the popular tuning.

I'm very thankful that when I hit the buy button there was an error and I was not able to buy them. They were able to sold more than 2000 pairs but most of the buyers were not satisfied with the performance.The last time I checked,there were more than 500 short impressions posted at the sellers site and most of them were not favorable. Today, I checked them again and most feedbacks were deleted and there are only 27 left, most of which are favorable and saying they were good. Nice marketing strategy.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #2,540 of 35,472
  I'm very thankful that when I hit the buy button there was an error and I was not able to buy them. They were able to sold more than 2000 pairs but most of the buyers were not satisfied with the performance.The last time I checked,there were more than 500 short impressions posted at the sellers site and most of them were not favorable. Today, I checked them again and most feedbacks were deleted and there are only 27 left, most of which are favorable and saying they were good. Nice marketing strategy.

Some of the Aliexpress sellers uses the same tactic. They usually offer you partly refund and in return they want you to delete or modify your negative feedback. Shame on these sellers and the sites who allows this...

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2,541 of 35,472
... Today, I checked them again and most feedbacks were deleted and there are only 27 left, most of which are favorable and saying they were good. Nice marketing strategy.

Ha, that is shady. I bought a leather vest online a few years ago and left a very mixed review on the merchant's website. They posted my review, but edited out everything remotely negative, and put exclamation points at the end of every positive-sounding sentence. Last time I bought anything from them.

Anyway, very nice that you caught that and shared it. Thank you for that.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,542 of 35,472
what's the consensus of TTPOD IEM in China?

nevermind, found review who think it's a bass heavy phone with inadequate vocal, looks like it follow the popular tuning.

Wow, never knew TTPod would go out to actually make earphones for themselves. They're probably advertising as "best used with the TTPod app" or something along those lines. Somehow, they look a lot like the IE800 for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back