Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #586 of 35,472
  What about these? Looks really cool if you ask me!

http://www.easy-taobao.com/taobao/view/id/36786796789

Yep, the KZ GK-"Spartacus". They look great, are cheap, and have changeable filters. I'm placing a multi KZ and Sidy order later with them in it.

This is probably the cheapest I've ever seen an IEM with changeable filters. The ones I've seen start in the $100+ range.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #588 of 35,472
I just ordered the Sidy S1 and the kz cm9. I'll guess those dn1000's will have to wait, there's just to much exiting to discover out there :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #589 of 35,472
Could you please add the link(s) to buy a genuine Xiaomi Piston on the first post?

Thanks!
etysmile.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #590 of 35,472
I just ordered the Sidy S1 and the kz cm9. I'll guess those dn1000's will have to wait, there's just to much exiting to discover out there
smily_headphones1.gif

The CM9 is pretty good, but a little colored, possibly like the AT CKN99 itself. They may send you the "Micro Ring" for free as a gift for purchasing it, which also had very good SQ, making it a good purchase anyway.

Could you please add the link(s) to buy a genuine Xiaomi Piston on the first post?

Thanks!
etysmile.gif

Just did. I ordered from ibuygou, but the others should work too. I'll try to place the most popular models with links and instructions on how to purchase them.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #592 of 35,472
Had an extended listen to the Somic L4 today, about an hour.  Single balanced armature.

Complete piece of crap.  Decent detail and clarity but severe roll off at both ends.  Easily beaten by other entry level BAs like the Astrotec Am-90.  You know you're in tough when the manufacturer's rated FR is 100Hz-10Khz

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #593 of 35,472
  Had an extended listen to the Somic L4 today, about an hour.  Single balanced armature.

Complete piece of crap.  Decent detail and clarity but severe roll off at both ends.  Easily beaten by other entry level BAs like the Astrotec Am-90.  You know you're in tough when the manufacturer's rated FR is 100Hz-10Khz

At least they are honest with their FR. That's what scared me away from it in the first place. I don't understand why they would release it, when they have much better iems for much cheaper.  The MH407 they have is a very good single BA which rivals the A161P, and is also cheaper than the L4.

An excellent piece of audio gear will hit 20hz-20khz flat with minimal variance, no matter what the price is. 100hz to 10hz is just scary bad.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #595 of 35,472
bhazard

I have Astrotec AM-800 and Hisoundaudio BA100 in my wishlist and knowing how much you like Havi B3..... What would be the difference in sound between these two against Havi?

Everybody is welcome to comment and much appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #596 of 35,472
bhazard

I have Astrotec AM-800 and Hisoundaudio BA100 in my wishlist and knowing how much you like Havi B3..... What would be the difference in sound between these two against Havi?

Everybody is welcome to comment and much appreciated. Thanks.

I never tried the Astrotec, but I have the BA100 and I'm selling it. It is just too thin in presentation, and not entirely accurate. Meanwhile, the Havi (pro) is one of the clearest, most accurate iems i've had.

I use fast, complicated heavy metal as a benchmark to how well a driver/drivers can perform. Typical audiophile tests use vocal work to get a "feeling", but most of those recordings are not hitting the entire frequency range with multiple overdriven instruments at the same time. If you can still hear everything clearly in this chaos, with perfect separation, the drivers are doing something right. The Havi does this, while, the BA100 does not.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #598 of 35,472
  you got hyped?? 
biggrin.gif

I pulled back on the Sidy DM2. I found a really detailed review from someone in China that compared the VSD1 and the DUNU 1k to it, and the VSD1 and DUNU were both overall better. At $60, I feel it is too expensive if the VSD1 already sounds better in some areas.

Plus, the $12 Spartacus has changeable filters just like the DM2 does. That seems like a much better value.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #599 of 35,472
Anybody know anything about the KZ OMX2?...http://www.aliexpress.com/item/First-kz-double-mylar-combination-earbud-earphones-bass-elastic-cell-phone-general/1568460833.html Might be cheap enough to try as well as a bit quirky in the design.

The past two days here in NY, USA we have had around 20-ish and below daytime temps and I have used two earphones. My Gratitudes and my Stressless 511. The Monster were a bit of a bust as the cable stiffened up and made them microphonic crazy and want to come out and the Stressless TPE coated cable was fine in the cold. Nice to be flashy, having a rose gold colored flat cable but comes at the expense of usability in winter.

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #600 of 35,472
  Anybody know anything about the KZ OMX2...http://www.aliexpress.com/item/First-kz-double-mylar-combination-earbud-earphones-bass-elastic-cell-phone-general/1568460833.html

I have it. I didn't like it. Couldn't get a good fit or semi seal, and I don't like earbuds in general.

The actual price is only like $7 as well before Taobao costs. ~$10 after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back