Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #7,306 of 35,472

You can make the Vivo sound midcentric if you block the back vents and change the tips. Many underestimate the GR07 mids because they aren't the star of the show but they are top notch imo. 

I agree though, they are really top notch iem, I am not taking anything away from them. For sub 150$ ( lets exclude dgs100 and altones for now) the clarity,natural timbre,wideness in ss, and quality bass is hard to beat...the thing that is bothering me is the highs. I will try that mod and give vivos more time but it seems I am sensitive to a certain frequency peak of the vivo's highs.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #7,307 of 35,472
IMHO it's better sq than anything I own, and only $80!

Better than h3... ($300)...

Better than dn1000 ($200)...

Better than GR07BE ($130, used to be $180)...

Better than Altone200 ($165)...

Better than HAVI (okay that one is cheaper, still better)

Cmon, I'm trying to save you guys money here lol :grin:

I just ordered another pair. It's that good!

Nooooo why you do this to me :'( this is unpossible, i telled you dy nothing can beaten my ckrs. I sawed and hearded it now. 

But if its better than h3, then its around the ckrs territory fo'sho

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #7,308 of 35,472
  Nooooo why you do this to me :'( this is unpossible, i telled you dy nothing can beaten my ckrs. I sawed and hearded it now. 

@SyedZ2ez4

Are you gonna fall like the rest ? Me then can try when you get it ....muahahahhahahaaaa

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #7,311 of 35,472
I would start a fundraiser on head fi for you to get a pair, but we are all broke here with a bunch of gear in our baskets already lol 
deadhorse.gif

giphy.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #7,312 of 35,472
  @SyedZ2ez4

Are you gonna fall like the rest ? Me then can try when you get it ....muahahahhahahaaaa

Even if i fall, I don't have the funds yet. Can't do much now 
popcorn.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #7,315 of 35,472
$79.00 paid. I hate head-fi

Once you get them and you're happy, you'd love headfi for that. We wouldn't have known iems like this without headfi 
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #7,316 of 35,472
What we need is a dgs100/ckr9 comparison......

I think @gyx11 or @twister6 has demo'ed the ckr9s briefly the other day at ath booth, I do not know of his impressions of them though. But I am very interested in this comparison. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #7,317 of 35,472
  I agree though, they are really top notch iem, I am not taking anything away from them. For sub 150$ ( lets exclude dgs100 and altones for now) the clarity,natural timbre,wideness in ss, and quality bass is hard to beat...the thing that is bothering me is the highs. I will try that mod and give vivos more time but it seems I am sensitive to a certain frequency peak of the vivo's highs.

I was talking about the mids, the treble is indeed peaky, especially with the default tips. The only way to make it smoother is trying different tips. It won't be perfect of course but it won't be annoying either.  

Man ..that is one bold statement ....me hold out for Havi for a year ....mmmmmm

It's still a statement and a personal opinion. I also happen to prefer the Tenores to the SM3 and the she535, that doesn't mean they are better for everyone. It won't be HiSoundFi's fault if you end up with a sound signature you don't like
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #7,318 of 35,472
Sigh. Once I sell something else like my chromebook, I'm gonna have to jump on these.

I was always interested in the H3, but was never going to pay $250 for them. $80 reaches bargain status, and that's what I'm about.

I was also disappointed in the AX-35, so I'm glad these provide a better sound. Astrotec can be hit or miss.

Instead of just a DGS thread, there should be a Sidy BGVP thread.

Whoever said VSD3 is better than Havi isn't doing it right.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #7,319 of 35,472

This will haunt me tonight.

I heard the CKR9's at a recent local electronics show. I was very impressed by it, even though it was a mere 5 minutes and with some stupid promoter shouting constantly into a loud-hailer just beside where the Audio-Technica booth was situated.

I can't remember how exactly they sound anymore, but they were definitely comparable to the Havi B3 in terms of soundstage and imaging. I recall that confidently because it was the purpose of my demo in the first place.

Unfortunately, beyond this, I cannot give any proper reference to the CKR9 simply because I am not qualified to do so.

I'll definitely do comparisons between the B3 and the DGS100 pre and post burn-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back