Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #7,262 of 35,472
The best is for those wanting to jump on the DGS100 is to wait for Hisoundfi and twister6 ....to report back after more burn in period and update on how the sound is .....after the sound has settled down ....hahahahahaaa

weaklings ...muahahahhahahaaaaaaa .......joking !

Some of you be looking like this inside your mind.....

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #7,263 of 35,472
It looks like the dgs100 quite resembles the the vsd1s sounds signature with a lot of mid-bass and a slight V shaped sound. Is this right?
Yes and no.

DGS100 is loads better, with better quality in all areas. Somewhat similar tuning I guess, but mids are slightly back a hair compared to vsd1s.

Its supersonic. I wrap it up and say I'm putting it away for the night, only to pop it back in. It's 4 am in my neck of the woods. I'm not sleeping because I'm playing with my awesome new toy. These are addicting. Think t1e with better treble, clarity, and separation

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #7,264 of 35,472
I'm doing A-B-C comparison between the DGS100, Havi b3 pro1, and altone200.

All are superb, but I pick the DGS100. It's not new toy syndrome.

DGS100 is loads of bass, intimate mids with awesome clarity, upper mids that are articulate and addictive, and treble that extends and is crisp without being harsh.

I contacted Penonaudio because I was "hearing distortion on certain frequencies". Upon further review it distortion in the recording I've never heard before.

It's sonic awesomeness guys.

+1 ....I too experienced this rare distortion coming from my headphone amp and discovered these gems could pick-up any eerie sound coming through them. Kind of scary at first. Thanks for commenting on this......I least I know I'm not the only one hearing things.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #7,268 of 35,472
Sleep deprivation can cloud your judgement @Hisoundfi

+1. I also find that my morning ears VS night ears don't always see eye to eye. Probably more of a morning VS night brain thing.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #7,269 of 35,472
+1. I also find that my morning ears VS night ears don't always see eye to eye. Probably more of a morning VS night brain thing.

True. The only sound I like to listen to in the morning is the sound of silence. :) No, I am not talking about Simon&Garfunkel but I mean it literally... silence.  

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #7,271 of 35,472
Yes and no.

DGS100 is loads better, with better quality in all areas. Somewhat similar tuning I guess, but mids are slightly back a hair compared to vsd1s.

Thanks for clearing that up. Prominent midbass and humble mids are not my cup of tea. Thanks for providing me with an excuse for not buying these :wink:

True. The only sound I like to listen to in the morning is the sound of silence. :) No, I am not talking about Simon&Garfunkel but I mean it literally... silence.  

Lol, I wake up every morning with a random song paying in my head, I've got to obey that song and listen to it (schizophrenia? ;p).

Sep 7, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #7,272 of 35,472
Pastapipo

Hybrids put a different twist on this signature friend.

I wish you could hear what I'm hearing. There might be a considerable amount of mid-bass, but it's the dynamic driver playing it, with the armature driver playing beautiful mids along side of it.

My biggest pet peave is mid bass bleed. Right out of the box I was feeling ripped off. Now that the dynamic driver has settled the mids have come forward and things have balanced out. This thing
sounds beautiful, honest. It makes my beloved h3 sound muffled in comparison.

But hey man, if you don't want to anty up the money for whatever reason for them, then "Ya dude, they got tons of mid bass so stay away from them" :wink:lol

Sep 7, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #7,273 of 35,472
Hi everyone. I'm trying to avoid this dgs100 hype but penonaudio lowered the price so I'm tempted. One question would it mske sense to buy it if I'm going to use it with galaxy s4. Would it be better to buy t1e if source is not that good?

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #7,274 of 35,472
Hi everyone. I'm trying to avoid this dgs100 hype but penonaudio lowered the price so I'm tempted. One question would it mske sense to buy it if I'm going to use it with galaxy s4. Would it be better to buy t1e if source is not that good?

how much lower ? ...checked the link ..still 85$ ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back