Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #541 of 35,472
  Lol.

They just call it the Micro Ring. It's a little easier to say I think.

Great SQ though. If the Monoprice is the $8 standard to go by, these blow past it by quite a bit.

I didn't even realize it, but KZ sent it for free with my order of the 2014 IEM! The Micro Ring I actually ordered is still in transit. Very cool of them :)

where you get them from?

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #543 of 35,472
Jan 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #544 of 35,472
cart100.com 
no paypal payment though 
mad.gif

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #548 of 35,472
I'm really liking them. Cord is slightly microphonic, but for the price, these punch much, much higher than what they are going for. I actually like them better than the ones that have the CKM99 design. They are my favorite KZ in ear as of now. Much more accurate and clearer than the KZ-A1, with 80% of the bass.

They are similar to the Moxpad, but a little clearer. I lost my Moxpad though so I can't A/B them :frowning2:

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #549 of 35,472
How about Havi vs new KZ?

Jan 1, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #550 of 35,472
  How about Havi vs new KZ?

Compliments each other. I may replace the Gratitude as my bass compliment to the Havi.

The Havi would be near perfect if it had deep punchy bass, which it doesn't. I ordered the standard extended Havi yesterday, because I'm too curious about it.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #551 of 35,472
Jan 1, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #552 of 35,472
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #553 of 35,472

Sorry to say, but I have the Superlux 381 and 386 as well, and neither will work for monitoring purposes. I wasn't a fan of either one. The Havi however is one of the more accurate iems I have heard. Only a frequency response graph would verify it, as I could be wrong.

The review of the Pistons also shows a V signature, but a good one. We'll see.

I would like to see a monitoring thread. People don't really know how well a flat response with low distortion makes a ton of difference. The Sony V6 is the only truly trusted monitoring headphone out there, and there has never been any mention of a monitoring IEM anywhere to my knowledge.

The S500 is another U signature headphone I ended up not liking. Too much sparkle in the treble.

I'll let you know how the Havi and Piston compare.

I am also not a proponent of burn-in. A driver's signature and characteristic will not change from hour 1 to hour 100. It may possibly "tighten" up over that time, but there is no evidence it will do so. Your perception can vary greatly from every listening session, to every different song though. The Havi has been the same from hour 1 to hour 40 as of now, and I loved it since the first listen. It has not changed since.

I may just keep one or two other iems along with the Havi, as I feel I don't need to spend much more money having the HE-500, the Havi, and an exceptional DIY speaker setup. 

I just got my Superlux HD381F and can confirm they are totally unsuited for monitoring IN UNEQUALIZED form. I did a quick equalizing in foobar and that could be useable. What I can get after half an hour or so still  sounds too ssssibilant - and the main purpose of finding if this form factor works with my ears AND under Peltor Optime III mufflers has been fullfilled - it works OK. So, if Philips S1/S2 (same form factor) are significantly better behaved in the frequency response, that may be useable without having to resort to EQ. Any comments along these lines welcome!

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #555 of 35,472
Just got my Pistons from ibuygou. Too early to say much, but my first impressions are very positive! The only thing is... how are you supposed to tell left from right on these things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back