Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #5,026 of 35,472

Hmm, maybe you had a bad KC06?  Both KC06 and KC06A I tested had above the average width/depth.  The only difference is that KC06/KC06A were manufactured in June, had new packaging, and I have a feeling KC06 was slightly  tweaked to match some KC06A characteristics (though Ostry denies that).

But damn, I'm itching to order Havi B3 Pro (old version).  That's the one you guys raving about details and soundstage when amped?

You need to get it. It's my favorite. Must be amped because it draws too much power.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #5,027 of 35,472
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

PS I'm still waiting for you to pick up those GR07BE meng!!! They're worth every penny!!!

I'll pick them up as soon as they go below $100 
tongue.gif

Only paid $37 for the T1e so it will be directly compared to the VSD3S that was $36.

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #5,030 of 35,472
@altrunox
I ordered then from this seller: Shenzhen Hiteam CO.,LTD.

It'll probably be at least a month before I get them so don't hold your breath for the review :wink:

@Hisoundfi
LOL!

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5,031 of 35,472
  I'll pick them up as soon as they go below $100 
tongue.gif

Only paid $37 for the T1e so it will be directly compared to the VSD3S that was $36.

$36 for VSD3S?!?  That's below the cost, unless they charge $20 for shipping?  Either way, that was one heck of a deal you got!!!

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #5,032 of 35,472

$36 for VSD3S?!?  That's below the cost, unless they charge $20 for shipping?  Either way, that was one heck of a deal you got!!!

Pre-order price for the first batch @LMUE.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #5,033 of 35,472
I'll pick them up as soon as they go below $100 :p

compare them both amped and unamped.

I already know the verdict on these.

Doing a comparison between the two unamped is like framing the t1e for murder lol, it won't have a chance, as the vsd3s is one of the most sensitive and easiest to drive iems I've ever heard.

It's like putting the same engine in a Honda civic and a bus and telling them to race lol. The bus will get down the road, but would do a hell of a lot better with a jet engine on top lol.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #5,035 of 35,472
compare them both amped and unamped.

I already know the verdict on these.

Doing a comparison between the two unamped is like framing the t1e for murder lol, it won't have a chance, as the vsd3s is one of the most sensitive and easiest to drive iems I've ever heard.

It's like putting the same engine in a Honda civic and a bus and telling them to race lol. The bus will get down the road, but would do a hell of a lot better with a jet engine on top lol.

I've got both the VSD3S and the T1E. I don't find the T1E any less sensitive than the VSD3, both running off my Xperia Z1 Compact. Haven't done a proper A/B comparison, but while I prefer the deeper insertion on the VSD3S, the T1E looks quite special and sounds clearer to me. And even though it's marketed as bass enhanced, the T1E doesn't sound like basshead earphones.

Jul 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #5,036 of 35,472
I've got both the VSD3S and the T1E. I don't find the T1E any less sensitive than the VSD3, both running off my Xperia Z1 Compact. Haven't done a proper A/B comparison, but while I prefer the deeper insertion on the VSD3S, the T1E looks quite special and sounds clearer and less sibilant to me. And even though it's marketed as bass enhanced, the T1E doesn't sound like basshead earphones.
If you have an amp use them on the t1e and they will sound even better, promise. It's not the volume that I'm talking about but more the dynamics that improve.

And I agree it's not the bass head quality bass, but more an impressive and quality bass along the lines of the GR07BE.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #5,037 of 35,472
Went back to KC06A and did some comparisons between IM03 and W40, just for the purpose of soundstage evaluation.  This time I really had to focus on vocal tracks instead of typical EDM instrumental stuff.  One thing for sure, I think my hearing is not trained that well for soundstage width detection.  For any music material where instruments or chorus vocals are panned L/R, that's obvious, but I really tried to focus on center channel main vocal track.  That's where I noticed that KC06x is significantly narrower in comparison to IM03 and W40, or other headphones.  With other parts of the song where sounds are panned left/right, it's a little deceiving since it creates an artificial width, but with center channel - that's where you can do a real analysis (was using Indila's "Boite en argent" as a reference).

You guys were right!
beerchug.gif

... i even went back to my KC06/KC06A review on head-fi and corrected my impression about their soundstage :wink:

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #5,039 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back