Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #31,955 of 35,472

vjjb k4 sounds like an iem in the $500 price range now

So what you are saying is we all need to stop spending so much on high dollar iem's and just make sure we have an awesome DAP eh
blink.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #31,956 of 35,472

So what you are saying is we all need to stop spending so much on high dollar iem's and just make sure we have an awesome DAP eh
blink.gif

yes after all your music comes from the source. if the quality of the music is sub par, even a totl iem wont make it sound good

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #31,957 of 35,472
  A while ago, when I was looking for iems for small ears, I was recommended Joyroom E107, which I bought. They are indeed very comfortable to wear and do not fall off my ears (hooray!). However, I dislike the sound A LOT. They lack bass (I don't consider myself a basshead, but I appreciate it in decent quantities) and the highs are just piercing. I usually use no EQ, but with E107 I have to use hip-hop or R&B EQ in order to reduce the highs. Electric guitar solos and too high vocals will make my ears bleed.

So here is where I'm clueless, because I have read reviews that say that the bass is decent and the highs soft (sort of) so: 1) my E107 are defective, or 2) they are not for me and I'm more inclined to bass than I thought. 

I consider the E107 as an excellent iem, it is well balanced but actually has too much bass and a treble peak above 7kHz, so your experience is quite unusual.
A bad seal may explain the lack of bass you're experiencing, as for the treble, well, insertion depth? Sensitivity to high Frequencies?

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #31,959 of 35,472
The flip side too will apply ... High end CIEM with $10 mp3 player will also sound awesome too....muahahahahaaaaa

disagree bc music comes from yr dap. some iems are unforgiving on poor recordings

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #31,961 of 35,472
The flip side too will apply ... High end CIEM with $10 mp3 player will also sound awesome too....muahahahahaaaaa

Exactly my brother, a good file is a good file whether it's on A&K or a X3. It also does not matter the codec, if the recording is awesome it will be awesome no matter the player (not saying you can't tweak on any of that gear) but that the music IMO comes from the media
wink_face.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #31,962 of 35,472

Exactly my brother, a good file is a good file whether it's on A&K or a X3. It also does not matter the codec, if the recording is awesome it will be awesome no matter the player (not saying you can't tweak on any of that gear) but that the music IMO comes from the media
wink_face.gif

agree to a certain extent but player is important.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #31,963 of 35,472
I believe that I may have figured out why my TFZ3 sound so much clearer than my TFZ5s. I think I may be a QC issue the filters on my Series 5 look like they were misstamped, and barely have any openings in them.

Attached is a pic of my series 3 on the left and series 5 on the right.

Something tells me that's not supposed to be like that.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #31,964 of 35,472
I believe that I may have figured out why my TFZ3 sound so much clearer than my TFZ5s. I think I may be a QA issue the filters on my Series 5 look like they were misstamped, and barely have any openings in them.

Attached is a pic of my series 3 on the left and series 5 on the right.

Something tells me that's not supposed to be like that.

Wow, I bet your seller with this pic will replace those for you. Wonder if the MassDrop 5's have this issue!

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #31,965 of 35,472

I consider the E107 as an excellent iem, it is well balanced but actually has too much bass and a treble peak above 7kHz, so your experience is quite unusual.
A bad seal may explain the lack of bass you're experiencing, as for the treble, well, insertion depth? Sensitivity to high Frequencies?

I don't think is the seal, so maybe I'm too sensitive to high frequencies. Sadly, I have don't have another pair to compare and see if mine is defective.

Happened to me once with Brainwvz M5 (I was looking for an upgrade for my M1, which I like lots). I tried them in a physical store and I liked them so I got a pair for a friend as a present. Some months later I bought a pair for me in the Brainwavz online store and... Piercieng highs (D:), even more annoying to what I feel with E107. Since I knew the sounf of M5 and concluded that they were defective (agh), that's what I think my E107 might be broken, too :frowning2: 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back