Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #29,281 of 35,472
Bahahahaha, bursting of laughter! Nice spot, mate! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #29,289 of 35,472
Hey where you get it from?
Any more details for these guy

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/riEJNFVb

Nice! Easy is selling them too. Too bad I didn't see that earlier.

Well, I ordered mine from the first seller linked; click here. Been chatting with them and they seem pretty cool. I've never bought from them before but they have good feedback and they've been around for a few years. We shall see how it goes. 
etysmile.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #29,290 of 35,472
  So I got my Easy UES.

<snip>

I _hated_ the sound signature OOTB though, bloated bass (once you get a good seal) - and where the f is the treble??  Heavily rolled off, that's what, with a a fake mid enhancement to make up for it.  Overall a basshead, dull and slightly boxed-in sound.

Some people seem to like this treble rolloff, but I want to hear music as it was mixed in the studio, without hype or holes, so to me the heavy rolloff is bordering on defective.  So I spent a few hours creating a precisely tuned EQ correction curve for them (as I did for the HD600) that gets the treble back and unbloats the bass a little - more on that soon.

I've posted my Easy UES EQ correction curve - owners check it out, it makes a muffled and bloated IEM sound pretty nice.

Twin, be interested how it sounds to you.  Bob, you know the drill : ).

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #29,291 of 35,472
got both monk+ and tomahawk today..
i noticed the left bud of tomahawk, the "coke" bottle bud attachment is loose, funny that i twist it back to tighten it, havent test it yet.. maybe this is the bass issue with recent tomahawk..
but monk+ is decent for $5.. my MM Ting sounded great but it costs 15 times more..

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #29,292 of 35,472
got both monk+ and tomahawk today..
i noticed the left bud of tomahawk, the "coke" bottle bud attachment is loose, funny that i twist it back to tighten it, havent test it yet.. maybe this is the bass issue with recent tomahawk..
but monk+ is decent for $5.. my MM Ting sounded great but it costs 15 times more..

I had the same thing, also the left bud of the Tomahawk. It was slightly loose but after twisting it tight I never had any problems. 

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #29,293 of 35,472
I had the same thing, also the left bud of the Tomahawk. It was slightly loose but after twisting it tight I never had any problems. 

i tighten it 1st before actually testing it.. n after i used it it sounded normal n no issue..
at 1st glance, tomahawk got much more bass quantity than monk but both shoots differently so the difference is not a bad thing imo.

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #29,294 of 35,472
i tighten it 1st before actually testing it.. n after i used it it sounded normal n no issue..
at 1st glance, tomahawk got much more bass quantity than monk but both shoots differently so the difference is not a bad thing imo.

I also tightened it before listening, no problems with sound. The Tomahawk sound more bassy indeed but also I like that I can hear the tiniest details in treble, it's pretty detailed. The Monk + makes listening fun. It's great to have both and experiment a bit. 

Jun 11, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #29,295 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back