Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #25,367 of 35,472
Some early impressions on the VJJB K4:

Really nice packaging! Extremely sturdy cardboard box with minimalistic  design as seen in the photo. 6 different size tips plus 1 pair of foam tips and a cloth carrying pouch. Build quality is good. They're lightweight and very comfortable. The cable looks similar to the KZ style but without the stickiness and there's also a plastic chin slider and strain relief on the jack and y-splitter.

OOTB the sound is rich, warm and slightly dark but still detailed. Bass is plentiful and well controlled. Already I'm liking them a lot and they've instantly become one of my favorites. Purchased from the Easy store for about $14, which in my opinion is a great buy.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #25,368 of 35,472
Yes, Red or Blue. 10th time I've posted link in this thread lolol

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32625192258.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

THX Lurk, with so many Easy UE iem's I've lost track. I have these coming in blue. Seems every Chinese custom builder has a UE! I mean ****, Easy and HCK all have a UE! Twin THX you too
wink_face.gif

Nice CrabD, I like VJJ's little velvet bags
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #25,369 of 35,472
:grinning: The K4 is really nice I like it quite a bit. My wife has claimed possession of it though. She uses ithem more than her Hyperions.

I wonder what she is gonna do when she hears the LZA3?

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #25,370 of 35,472
crabdog, I'm glad you like them and I didn't steer you wrong! I like the sound, maybe it's the timbre, that the wood gives it.

Im falling in love with the UEs, I wish I could listen to them but they are at home burning in. Brought the Bette with me since it's been a while since I listened to them.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #25,371 of 35,472
:grinning: The K4 is really nice I like it quite a bit. My wife has claimed possession of it though. She uses ithem more than her Hyperions.

I wonder what she is gonna do when she hears the LZA3?

:grinning::grinning:. TWIN

Yeah I forgot to mention that I had to resort to the Zircon tips once again as none of the ones provided are big enough lol. I had high hopes for the whirlwind tips that came with the Piano (the main reason I bought them) but they failed me too! It's getting rather tedious changing over the same tips between every single iem in my current rotation...

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #25,372 of 35,472
:grinning: That is an understatement. The Bass on the LZA3 (what little of it is left after 100 hours) is tighter by a tad. But that's it.

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

My LZ Z03A's are also lacking after a few weeks of listening...
mad.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #25,373 of 35,472
My LZ Z03A's are also lacking after a few weeks of listening...:mad:

:grinning: Cad, that statement was the result of a stupid newbie mistake. I simply had inserted them too far to get a seal into my ear, which can have the same shallow effect as not inserting them far enough. The LZA3 are just fine. My bad.

The LZ-Z03A have decent bass and extension but probably would seem a little bass-light to many. I find the bass quite good but yes there could be more.

They were never bass cannons in the first place.

You want SERIOUS bass, check out the Easy UEs Customs.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #25,374 of 35,472
Guys after a few days using the LZ03a, the sound have smoothen out abit but the cable man, the cable is freakin ugly the more I look at it the more I hate it, it looks and feel so cheap. I also found that the mic button does not work for me on an IP6

Let me know if the sound changes from OOTB good bass and detail to a bit sharp and lacking authority...

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #25,376 of 35,472

cool.gif
The Gold ones look more like my original that has the offset Bass Port, The Blue ones the Standoff and cable. I realize that some need a mic, but the Un-miced versions have much stouter hardware at the splitter and Plug body.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Thanks for the info......they sound totally incredible to me. I'm using them with medium foam tips from Sidy and they are just blowing me away right now! 

I'm also getting the HLSX 8mm version any day now with the black cables as well. I will give some impressions once I give them a thorough burn-in.
wink_face.gif
  Thanks 'TWIN' brother.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #25,377 of 35,472
Thanks for the info......they sound totally incredible to me. I'm using them with medium foam tips from Sidy and they are just blowing me away right now! 

I'm also getting the 8mm version any day now with the black cables as well. I will give some impressions once I give them a thorough burn-in. :wink_face:   Thanks 'TWIN' brother.

:grinning: Clear I wish you luck. I have not heard a good report about the 8mm version unfortunately.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #25,379 of 35,472
Already have my eye on that as my next MusicMaker product to get. :wink:

--

BP get a hold of Easy at his Aliexpress store he has a killer price on these for head fiers.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #25,380 of 35,472

Have others experienced this as well?  I just ordered the Z03As after all the positve comments from earlier.

I don't know if the hp itself is changing or it's just the effect of also listening to other hp's. I have been listening to my Superlux EVO's which I know are bassy but the change in the LZ seems more than just a loss of low end. They are still nice sounding though and I'm going to try some more tips. I also have switched to my HD668B which do not have the bass of the EVO to see if this makes an impact on sound when switching to the LZ's.
A member suggested that this may be an issue of getting used to the EVO then switching directly to the LZ resulting in the perceived sound change...who knows but I think you will like the Z03A. Let me know if you have any similar experience.  

FYI I am obviously not expecting the LZ's to sound like EVO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back