Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #25,306 of 35,472
  Anyone tried the Superlux HD381F ? Superlux has been the best p/p brand ever, and the HD381F has been well rated.
If any of you guys have these, please tell me your impression about them :)
biggrin.gif

Clear sound but not piercing, good clear bass. Not overly warm. Cable is a bit on the thin side. They give the expression of not being wellbuilt but are actually pretty good in build, they won't break easily. I appreciate them (got 3 pairs)
biggrin.gif

I like my KZ Ate's better though. More detail and warmer sound (which I like).

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #25,307 of 35,472
  Anyone tried the Superlux HD381F ? Superlux has been the best p/p brand ever, and the HD381F has been well rated.
If any of you guys have these, please tell me your impression about them :)
biggrin.gif

I got mine a few years ago and at the time I thought they were superb, fun and engaging with a good amount of bass and no piercing high tones. Somewhat lacking in clarity and separation though, but no complaints for the price. Picking them up today I still find them entertaining, but there are plenty of better choices today.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #25,309 of 35,472
I don't own Easy UEs.:confused_face:

I'm probably going to write a comparison review between **** UE and **** UEs.

Paul 

Looking forward to your comparison.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #25,311 of 35,472

Pulled the trigger tonight on the UEs after making a complete ***** of myself trying to navigate things on AliExpress.  It was my first time there and I guess trying to make an adjusted purchase at oh-dark-thirty when I should have been sleeping is my excuse.

I think you guys have said about 2 to 2.5 weeks for delivery if I'm not mistaken.

cool.gif
Bob, I just went back and looked at USPS tracking for the Easy UEs. They were accepted (mailed) by China Post on 3/17 and I received them 3/28 at my door in Warren, Mi. They came into Chicago Sort on 3/25. 3 Days Chicago to Detroit ,which by the way IS a record. It's usually 5-6 days. So 11 Days TOTAL.  Just short of 2 weeks, but it can vary a lot. It took 29 Days for my LZA3 to make the same trip.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #25,312 of 35,472
Tomorrow I will order myself new earphones and I can't decide between Xiaomi Piston 3 and Hybrid.
I mostly listen to Metal and Rock so I want to know which earphones would suit me more?

Is it worth to pay 30% more and get Hybrid model instead of Piston 3 ?

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #25,314 of 35,472
Tomorrow I will order myself new earphones and I can't decide between Xiaomi Piston 3 and Hybrid.

I mostly listen to Metal and Rock so I want to know which earphones would suit me more?

Is it worth to pay 30% more and get Hybrid model instead of Piston 3 ?
I have the hybrids, they are a little dark and the bass dosn't reach super low and there's a fair bit of mid-bass, they are good for the money though.
I also have the Xiaomi piston 2 which have a more even FR than the hybrids. I like them much more than the hybrids but you need big ears because of their shape.
The piston 3 reviews I've read say they are similar to the 2's and they look a lot more comfy. So if you like it dark and bassy go for the hybrids but if you want more treble extension go for the piston 3's. Or both and give away the one you like least.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #25,315 of 35,472
Noooooo, I already ordered the 2016 UEs Customs... 

You did not make a bad choice. These UEs are stellar. Also about 2 weeks to receive them, mime took 17 days from order and Twins took 11 days.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #25,316 of 35,472
You did not make a bad choice. These UEs are stellar. Also about 2 weeks to receive them, mime took 17 days from order and Twins took 11 days.

Still waiting on a reply from easy before I hit the buy on these. They must be busy over there or someone is having a day off. 
confused.gif

EDIT: Oops there it is :) 

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #25,317 of 35,472
I'm intrigued by the Easy UEs as well. Sorry, this thread is kind of cluttered.
Can someone give me an idea of the sound signature? I listen to mainly rock, interested in good but not boomy bass and non fatiguing treble.
Also, if someone could PM me the current deal that would be great.
Thanks!

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #25,318 of 35,472
I'm intrigued by the Easy UEs as well. Sorry, this thread is kind of cluttered.
Can someone give me an idea of the sound signature? I listen to mainly rock, interested in good but not boomy bass and non fatiguing treble.
Also, if someone could PM me the current deal that would be great.
Thanks!

Twins review should be up soon but my findings are an impactful and rumbling bass with clear mids and highs that seem like they are gonna be overly bright but hit that sweet spot and don't fatigue you.

Rock sounds great on these. Listening to Opeth as I type this actually lol.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #25,319 of 35,472
The rapid release of iems from EE and others (HCK etc) seems to be really changing how it used it be before, and not necessarily in a good way. Whats the point in getting something expensive if the price will drop like a day or two after, and a new successor is released a few days later.

I guess its just me, but I miss the good old days when we could easily tell what was a gem or not, these days its getting harder and harder with a tsunami of products all from the same seller or tow. Not really what the spirit of this thread was all about imo. /rant 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back