Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #20,867 of 35,472
:cool: My new years resolution? To get more people to try the Bette (ivalux) 10mm METAL earphone.

I may have mentioned these before once or twice. :D

Yeah they are THAT good.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Per the other thread, you got me lol

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #20,868 of 35,472
I don't know anything about DACs and Amps so I'm going to ask you guys!

1.  I play my music from my Dell M6500 laptop and Nexus 6 phone to both IEMs and Headphones.  Will a DAC/AMP improve the sound quality?  If so, any recommendations for a portable one less than $150?
2.  If I don't need a DAC, any recommendations for amp less than $150?

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #20,869 of 35,472
Finally, "taobao" launched the Pioneer SEC-CL100 and they are still marketed cheaper than the Chinese competitor. So, if you have a taobao account, you could get them here.

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=pioneer+sec-cl100&imgfile=&js=1&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1&initiative_id=staobaoz_20160101&ie=utf8

My conclusion:

By far, they are easier to drive and has finer details (less splashy) when compared, for example, to the GR07. Vocals are better presented and more realistic when compared to the GR06. Overall, these are easier to drive from any unit with an accurate and broader soundstage when compared to both GR06 and 7. When I compared them to any of the vsonic vcsd's, only the GR07's are most compatible, but with the CL100 being more efficient and costing much less.

Aliexpress will probably be launching them, soon!!!  
wink.gif
  .....I'll try to keep those who are interested posted!

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #20,870 of 35,472

1.  I play my music from my Dell M6500 laptop and Nexus 6 phone to both IEMs and Headphones.  Will a DAC/AMP improve the sound quality?  If so, any recommendations for a portable one less than $150?

Only experience I have is with my FiiO E07K and as far as a DAC with my laptop, I love it. I do feel it changes the sound for the better (clarity) and power. I can increment the bass in steps of 2 (thru 10) or take it down -10. Along with Treble. It's not Android USB compatible though. 

These FiiO is compatible though http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E18-KUNLUN-Android-Phone/dp/B00GCDJBMM

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #20,871 of 35,472

1) It is very subjective. But if you have a high end IEM/headphone or IEM that you are use to it. You maybe notice a slight different. But as you move upward to higher end gear. It may change dramatically. Still it depends on your ear that's why it is very subjective.

Fiio E18? Not sure about the current price.

2)Every device have a DAC and amp. But mobile phone and laptop usually is build into an SOC (System on cheap) to save space for putting in other component. Amp is only use to amplify the signal and also provide stable/better power to feed the Headphone or IEM. 

I maybe wrong, but do correct me! 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #20,872 of 35,472

A high quality DAC/amp will very much improve your listening experience. Personal favorite is the Geek Out V2+ Infinity.

The Centrance Dacport slim from Massdrop would be an excellent starting point at $100, and it could probably be used off your Nexus 6 too with a USB OTG cable. Makes a huge difference in android sound using that and USB Audio Player Pro.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #20,873 of 35,472

Yes, It would. A lot of your IEMs are recommended to be used with a decent AMP and DAC, such as the LZ A2, Ostry KC06, Zero Audio Tenore. You'll probably need both an AMP and DAC. 

My recommendation would be the Fiio Alpen 2 E17K, Priced at 139$. It can be used with both your laptop, and your phone.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #20,874 of 35,472
  1) It is very subjective. But if you have a high end IEM/headphone or IEM that you are use to it. You maybe notice a slight different. But as you move upward to higher end gear. It may change dramatically. Still it depends on your ear that's why it is very subjective.

Fiio E18? Not sure about the current price.

2)Every device have a DAC and amp. But mobile phone and laptop usually is build into an SOC (System on cheap) to save space for putting in other component. Amp is only use to amplify the signal and also provide stable/better power to feed the Headphone or IEM. 

I maybe wrong, but do correct me! 
rolleyes.gif

Fiio E18 is 205$ at the official Aliexpress store.
Although it's 152$ at amazon though?

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #20,875 of 35,472

If you can bump that up another 50, the Xduoo XD-05 seems like a pretty good piece. Has USB and coax inputs, line in, 3 gain settings and filters. Apparently works with Android and ios too.
http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnProductShow.asp?id=63

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #20,877 of 35,472
Jan 1, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #20,878 of 35,472
i must be getting too excited. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #20,879 of 35,472
cool.gif
Well, ONE of my resolutions this year, NOT to buy so many earphones, just went Down in Flames.... I'm SO ashamed. Didn't even make it 12 Hours....

I just ran across these gems. anyone know anything about them? 10Hz-20kHz, 9mm driver, interchangeable rear filters. for $15?

Even with the flat wire I COULD NOT RESIST:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176XT9Z0/ref=twister_B0178I3JOK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Got them in Black but I WAS tempted by the Green ones.

Get this: out of 1,739 REVIEWS 1,355 are 5 Star!!!!
biggrin.gif

If it's any good, that will be a plus.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #20,880 of 35,472

cool.gif
Well, ONE of my resolutions this year, NOT to buy so many earphones, just went Down in Flames.... I'm SO ashamed. Didn't even make it 12 Hours....

I just ran across these gems. anyone know anything about them? 10Hz-20kHz, 9mm driver, interchangeable rear filters. for $15?

Even with the flat wire I COULD NOT RESIST:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0176XT9Z0/ref=twister_B0178I3JOK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Got them in Black but I WAS tempted by the Green ones.

Get this: out of 1,739 REVIEWS 1,355 are 5 Star!!!!
biggrin.gif

If it's any good, that will be a plus.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I believe that this is one of those companies that hand out free products for amazon reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back