Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #20,761 of 35,472
Damn. I have five different pairs coming in, and I was sort of thinking that was a lot. Oh well, at least you know how you're spending your free time in the foreseeable future..
etysmile.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #20,762 of 35,472
  Has anyone heard of this brand? http://world.taobao.com/item/42964027035.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4024-12692663288.2.Oy0n3O&scene=taobao_shop

They sell a 12 driver iem for $610. It seems too good to be true, but the store has been around for 5 years and the description and reviews seem legit. I am just wondering if this is bad quality or the other 10-12 driver iems are just way overpriced.

Bigger number of driver is not always equal to better sound. It's all about implementation.
But, you could ask him on chat what BA does he uses for his 12 drivers unit, also ask him if he could supply you graphs and best if he can show you graphs relative to current known IEMs that he measured, so you could have a point of reference, ask him at what frequencies are his crossovers between the different drivers.
Now, apparently he doesn't provide any cable so they have to be purchased separately which is another 45usd.

To stack as much as 12 drivers he would have to use TWFKs ( a matter of size) among other drivers, the cheapest twfk you can find is ~25/30 usd per unit in china. One twfk is a unit containing two drivers, I guess there's also some CI or HODVTEC for bass and maybe DTEC cause they are cheap enough, overall he would have a cost of ~400/450usd for drivers and maybe another 30usd for the rest of material if he uses high quality UV resins for the shells and 6 dampers for the tubes and 2 two pins connector. So it is feasible at this price, question is How does it sound for 610(universal)/650(CIEM) usd?
I think it is a big risk at this price cause I don't think it would worth 650usd soundwise...but you never know...

Dec 28, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #20,763 of 35,472
This day is getting better and better. UiiSii have officially released the stunning GT500 just a few minutes ago on their official Tmall store.

http://taiwan.tmall.com/item/525698261535.htm

EDIT: Also received a new pair of TX10. (reminder: the last one I got has channel disbalance).
This time I got a perfectly good pair, so let the reviewing begin! And they are indeed awesome!
(Unlike S125 which has a weird sounding BA, that can't reproduce bass without being completely distorted)

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #20,764 of 35,472
  Collected a few more packages today, but don't have enough time to open them, have enough work redesigning my review pages...
Also received a properly working unit of Tingo FL800 (reminder: the one I got through MisterTao was defective and they refunded only $2).
These fake IE800 are actually awesome. Slightly dark with quite piercing highs, but they are actually good.

Just to explain what I have to deal with...
All of these were not unboxed yet...

That's a lot.
How much does that cost in total anyways?

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #20,767 of 35,472
Has anyone ever purchased a portable amplifier by Haafee? 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018Q5WJ9A?keywords=haafee&qid=1451307779&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Price went from $11.99 to $14.99 when I purchased it and now its at $15.99...looks like the topping nx1 maybe???

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #20,768 of 35,472
  Just ordered a very interesting pair of earphones. These are called GEVAI Listen10
http://taiwan.tmall.com/item/524347892331.htm
Looks like they are adjustable or something.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qxr4gFfxuJ8/maxresdefault.jpg
http://static.hifi-forum.de/produkte/95972050/large/huawei-am180.jpg

What they look like is the Huawei AM180 ANC headset...

@garcsa Just received my xduoo x2 today... Scratched screen as well

Man this sux. Did you open a dispute?

Are you sure it's just not the screen protector?

Dec 28, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #20,769 of 35,472
Dec 28, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #20,770 of 35,472
  Bigger number of driver is not always equal to better sound. It's all about implementation.
But, you could ask him on chat what BA does he uses for his 12 drivers unit, also ask him if he could supply you graphs and best if he can show you graphs relative to current known IEMs that he measured, so you could have a point of reference, ask him at what frequencies are his crossovers between the different drivers.
Now, apparently he doesn't provide any cable so they have to be purchased separately which is another 45usd.

To stack as much as 12 drivers he would have to use TWFKs ( a matter of size) among other drivers, the cheapest twfk you can find is ~25/30 usd per unit in china. One twfk is a unit containing two drivers, I guess there's also some CI or HODVTEC for bass and maybe DTEC cause they are cheap enough, overall he would have a cost of ~400/450usd for drivers and maybe another 30usd for the rest of material if he uses high quality UV resins for the shells and 6 dampers for the tubes and 2 two pins connector. So it is feasible at this price, question is How does it sound for 610(universal)/650(CIEM) usd?
I think it is a big risk at this price cause I don't think it would worth 650usd soundwise...but you never know...

Thanks for your insight. I was mainly looking to see whether it was possible to make a 12 driver iem at this price and still make a profit. I can't afford to gamble with $650 at this point, but maybe in a few years when there is more reviews. But who knows what the prices will be at that point.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #20,771 of 35,472
Has anyone here tried the **** UE? I'm rather intrigued by it and I see a lot of positive reviews on Aliexpress, there is alot of talk about them especially from the Japanese. A quick search in this thread had one guy mentioned they are forward in the mids, which I like. But how do the lows and highs stack up? The product listing describes them as having a rather neutral frequency response (20hz-20khz) And having the option to change out the cables is always welcome.

Are these just another SE215 sound-alike? Or are they something completely different?

FWIW I asked Easy Earphones about the difference between the **** UE and the similarly price DIY UE and the response I got was "This model is different with **** ue,this looks much fashion and high quality than **** ue."

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #20,773 of 35,472
FWIW I asked Easy Earphones about the difference between the **** UE and the similarly price DIY UE and the response I got was "This model is different with **** ue,this looks much fashion and high quality than **** ue."

**** UE has a moving coil whereas DIY UE looks to have two moving coils.  I  hear almost nothing of the rumor of DIY UE in Japanese. 
I read the brief review in Japanese. This was written by an influenced blogger among Japanese.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/headphone_metal/archives/52262065.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back