Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #181 of 33,689
Not very happy with Jim/HCK on Aliexpress right now. Still waiting for two orders from early September one for a second 4 in 1 and the other for ZST that he told me had shipped two weeks ago and is now telling me the orders are sitting in his warehouse due to stock issues...never any issues with them before and I have purchased a lot from then. Have asked for a cancel and refund on both orders, We'll see how that goes. Starting to get some real trust issues with these Ali sellers especially after the recent issue with the"seller who cannot be named" Hopefully Jim/HCK will restore my faith.

I still do biz with him. Only once or twice with Jim, esp after the recent postings about Jim saying things are shipped for weeks then admitting he was out of stock of the 4in1

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #182 of 33,689
Hi!  

Been out of the scene for a about half a yr now, just needed a break because I was buying far too many budget headphones.  My last purchase was the Monk + and the LZ Z03A as well as the Rock Zircon.  The Z03A hype was REAL when i bought them.

So which headphones is everyone talking about these days?  Think I'm better off buying a headphone amp/dac over buying new headphones?

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #183 of 33,689
Hi!  

Been out of the scene for a about half a yr now, just needed a break because I was buying far too many budget headphones.  My last purchase was the Monk + and the LZ Z03A as well as the Rock Zircon.  The Z03A hype was REAL when i bought them.

So which headphones is everyone talking about these days?  Think I'm better off buying a headphone amp/dac over buying new headphones?

**** 4in1

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #184 of 33,689
Not very happy with Jim/HCK on Aliexpress right now. Still waiting for two orders from early September one for a second 4 in 1 and the other for ZST that he told me had shipped two weeks ago and is now telling me the orders are sitting in his warehouse due to stock issues...never any issues with them before and I have purchased a lot from then. Have asked for a cancel and refund on both orders, We'll see how that goes. Starting to get some real trust issues with these Ali sellers especially after the recent issue with the"seller who cannot be named" Hopefully Jim/HCK will restore my faith.

Yeah, I regret sharing on here that he had the 4 in 1 on sale.

I ordered on 9/9 and finally have confirmation that they have arrived here in the US and are being sorted. 

I'll definitely be leaving negative feedback.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #186 of 33,689
Thanks for the suggestion.  I look forward to reading about the headphones as i start my research :)

Giving us an idea of what sound sig you prefer and price range will help tremendously. This is the new Asian gear thread since last one was closed a few days ago

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #187 of 33,689
I still do biz with him. Only once or twice with Jim, esp after the recent postings about Jim saying things are shipped for weeks then admitting he was out of stock of the 4in1

cool.gif
I just ordered the New KZ Hybrid from Jim and it was very clearly written that these were a pre-order and that they should ship 9/16. Mine shipped Yesterday. I think maybe they should ALL post info about availability in the same fashion.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #188 of 33,689
  Wow, didn`t expect that! They look really nice (black)! 
But I`m going to wait some serious impressions and comparison on those (especially vs. **** 4in1) before jumping on them.

cool.gif
NICE find Coil. Very interesting. FR is impressive. Think they might be Giant Killers?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #189 of 33,689
Giving us an idea of what sound sig you prefer and price range will help tremendously. This is the new Asian gear thread since last one was closed a few days ago

No strong preference for sound sig.  Just looking for something versatile.  I listen to music, podcasts, gaming, sort of everything on headphones.  I would probably want to keep the budget within 40 USD or so.  I'm really enjoying the monks, but the Z0A3s are good, but never quite did it for me.  I just think the fit is off for me.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #192 of 33,689
top review on the piston 3 by alex:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/xiaomi-pistons-3-0-in-ear-headphones/reviews/12868

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #193 of 33,689

Agreed. It's a solid earphone and was a good follow up to the P2 imo; both acoustically and ergonomically. 

Couldn't get mine comfortable, I think I must have really deep ears as I find a lot of earphones like the Pistons don't sit right. Is there any difference internally between the Youth, Colourful and normal versions?

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #194 of 33,689
If we're fans of balanced sound, I'm really surprised the Piston 3 isn't mentioned more often.

Nobody seems to like the Piston 3, personally for my tastes I put it over KZ IEMs (Ate, ED9) and Piston 2.1.
I feel a dark and hollow sound with sometimes harsh treble on KZ and too bass on Piston 2.1 (some people love it), while Pistón 3 lacks on soundstage, detail and micro-details compared with Xiaomi Hybrid but for a $12 earphone is very good (even that I still prefer Piston 3's sound signature) .

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #195 of 33,689
Nobody seems to like the Piston 3, personally for my tastes I put it over KZ IEMs (Ate, ED9) and Piston 2.1.
I feel a dark and hollow sound with sometimes harsh treble on KZ and too bass on Piston 2.1 (some people love it), while Pistón 3 lacks on soundstage, detail and micro-details compared with Xiaomi Hybrid but for a $12 earphone is very good (even that I still prefer Piston 3's sound signature) .
Here's my biggest dilemma when discussing this product...

Are you sure you didn't get a knockoff version? Sad thing about Xiaomi earphones is many order from unreliable sources who sell fakes.

What you are describing sounds nothing like how I hear the Piston 3.

My good friend Charliemotta will attest to this.

Right Charlie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back