CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 18, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #31,516 of 31,858
Do they really cause cancer? I seem to only see rumors from a brief google search.
Radiation increases your risk of cancer, yes. That does not mean it is going to automatically give you cancer, but increases the chances.

Until recently it was believed that non ionizing radiation was not carcinogenic, but recent studies are pointing in the opposite direction, which is a cluster**** because of how much we use them: WiFi, cellphones, Bluetooth, TV and radio, ... Can you imagine not using cellphones? Because I can not but at least I'm going to try to be exposed to radiation as little as possible, which means not having a source next to your brain.

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #31,517 of 31,858
Radiation increases your risk of cancer, yes. That does not mean it is going to automatically give you cancer, but increases the chances.

Until recently it was believed that non ionizing radiation was not carcinogenic, but recent studies are pointing in the opposite direction, which is a cluster**** because of how much we use them: WiFi, cellphones, Bluetooth, TV and radio, ... Can you imagine not using cellphones? Because I can not but at least I'm going to try to be exposed to radiation as little as possible, which means not having a source next to your brain.
Oh boy, I guess we are all cooked.

Oct 18, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #31,518 of 31,858

Brain is not particularly vulnerable to the effects of radiation since it does not contain rapidly dividing cells. Worry more about your bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract and testes.

Modern Bluetooth gets better battery life by being more efficient in it's use of energy, that is one reason why earbuds are possible (not just improvements to battery technology). More sensitive receivers require less powerful transmissions.

Please insert a mental image of a car battery on each shoulder, with your head in a microwave. This is not happening, unless you are a conspiracy theorist trying to prove a point. In that case, three cheers for the Darwin awards!

Background exposure occurs continuously from sources like radioactive decay and cosmic radiation. There are mechanisms within our cells to repair damage to DNA. This occurs all the time!

The most radiation exposure you are likely to receive is from medical radiography. Particularly CT scans. So not getting sick will help.

I am much more cognizant of the risks to mental health posed by panicking over information circulated on social media!:rolling_eyes:

Oct 18, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #31,519 of 31,858
Brain is not particularly vulnerable to the effects of radiation since it does not contain rapidly dividing cells. Worry more about your bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract and testes.

Modern Bluetooth gets better battery life by being more efficient in it's use of energy, that is one reason why earbuds are possible (not just improvements to battery technology). More sensitive receivers require less powerful transmissions.

Please insert a mental image of a car battery on each shoulder, with your head in a microwave. This is not happening, unless you are a conspiracy theorist trying to prove a point. In that case, three cheers for the Darwin awards!

Background exposure occurs continuously from sources like radioactive decay and cosmic radiation. There are mechanisms within our cells to repair damage to DNA. This occurs all the time!

The most radiation exposure you are likely to receive is from medical radiography. Particularly CT scans. So not getting sick will help.

I am much more cognizant of the risks to mental health posed by panicking over information circulated on social media!:rolling_eyes:
add another natural source of radiation:

Internal Radiation​

All people have internal radiation, mainly from radioactive potassium-40 and carbon-14 inside their bodies from birth and, therefore, are sources of exposure to others. The variation in dose from one person to another is not as great as that associated with cosmic and terrestrial sources.

don't sleep to close to wife every night. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 18, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #31,520 of 31,858

That was some reaction. You are free to keep using Bluetooth.

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #31,521 of 31,858
Hi guys, just got urge to return to audio little bit. Any tip for budget IEMs here? I liked FH7, IT07 or even T800, not so much Monarch MKII - boring according to my opinion and had mixed feelings about IT01s. Right now, I am looking for something up to $200, any tip? Maybe I will pick Shanling M0 pro as a source, or maybe some dongle, do not know now but definitely nothing superb to be paired with expensive IEMs. Thank you so much!

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #31,522 of 31,858
1more penta p50 definitely. Google for reviews. They are the bomb right now.

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #31,523 of 31,858
Hi guys, just got urge to return to audio little bit. Any tip for budget IEMs here? I liked FH7, IT07 or even T800, not so much Monarch MKII - boring according to my opinion and had mixed feelings about IT01s. Right now, I am looking for something up to $200, any tip? Maybe I will pick Shanling M0 pro as a source, or maybe some dongle, do not know now but definitely nothing superb to be paired with expensive IEMs. Thank you so much!

Might be good if you could advise on your music genres, plus whether you are basshead/treblehead/treble sensitive etc.

That will help the community finetune suggestions better.

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #31,524 of 31,858
Might be good if you could advise on your music genres, plus whether you are basshead/treblehead/treble sensitive etc.

That will help the community finetune suggestions better.
You are right, I have mixed genre playlist, mostly rock, softer metal, pop... I prefer enjoyable character more than analytical sound, so not directly basshead but I like highlighted punchy bass, but definitely not the extreme like campfire vega I had a while, it was terrible bass overload :D.

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #31,525 of 31,858
1more penta p50 definitely. Google for reviews. They are the bomb right now.
Thank you. Read them and I am afraid of the small body since my ears are often not able to hold small earphones. I loved T800 sealing out of box, but f.e. was not able to fit IT01s or IE 600 with any tips from my very large collection. Comply solved this but I do not like foam so much. Especially if reviews are warning that you might need the largest tips and maybe it's not enough. And they are not anywhere around to be found to try :frowning2:.

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #31,526 of 31,858
You are right, I have mixed genre playlist, mostly rock, softer metal, pop... I prefer enjoyable character more than analytical sound, so not directly basshead but I like highlighted punchy bass, but definitely not the extreme like campfire vega I had a while, it was terrible bass overload :D.

Probably a V-shaped or U-shaped IEM will suit you.

Here are some solid IEMs to check out (alphabetical order):
- Celest Phoenix Call
- DUNU Falcon Ultra
- Hidizs MP145
- Simgot EM6L

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #31,527 of 31,858
add another natural source of radiation:

Internal Radiation​

All people have internal radiation, mainly from radioactive potassium-40 and carbon-14 inside their bodies from birth and, therefore, are sources of exposure to others. The variation in dose from one person to another is not as great as that associated with cosmic and terrestrial sources.

don't sleep to close to wife every night. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If you are worried about these things, I suggest you test your home’s Radon gas level. This stuff directly goes to your lung.

Radiation and radioactivity are two different things. Radiation is caused by radioactivity, and not all radiations are the same.

Long wave radiation such as wireless signals gets blocked by our skins. There is no such thing as human body emitting radioactive material or harmful radiation.

Nov 6, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #31,528 of 31,858
I am here to say that Hidizs MP145, single 14.5m planar IEM, is my new all-time favorite. It is a bit above what I would consider budget (It was around $130 on kickstarter, retail is reportedly $199) https://www.hidizs.net/products/hid...-driver-iems-for-audiophiles-and-music-lovers

But it is worth every penny (unless you have small ears... then these won't fit). Detailed, airy, balanced... Even with some of the better chi-fi IEMs, you need to accept some level of compromise between bass precision vs energy, highs details vs harshness, etc. With MP145, I genuinely don't know what can be done better at this price range. Bass can go (and does go) very deep, while highs are very well layered and provide incredible clarity and openness. Maybe soundstage is not the most spacious I have heard, but it is well above average, and together with other aspects of performance, it may well become a new reference point for this price bucket.

Highly recommend. There are many reviews online, so pick your favorite. No surprise they all have a lot of compliments and virtually no negatives (not related to sound, anyway).

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #31,529 of 31,858
I am here to say that Hidizs MP145, single 14.5m planar IEM, is my new all-time favorite. It is a bit above what I would consider budget (It was around $130 on kickstarter, retail is reportedly $199) https://www.hidizs.net/products/hid...-driver-iems-for-audiophiles-and-music-lovers

But it is worth every penny (unless you have small ears... then these won't fit). Detailed, airy, balanced... Even with some of the better chi-fi IEMs, you need to accept some level of compromise between bass precision vs energy, highs details vs harshness, etc. With MP145, I genuinely don't know what can be done better at this price range. Bass can go (and does go) very deep, while highs are very well layered and provide incredible clarity and openness. Maybe soundstage is not the most spacious I have heard, but it is well above average, and together with other aspects of performance, it may well become a new reference point for this price bucket.

Highly recommend. There are many reviews online, so pick your favorite. No surprise they all have a lot of compliments and virtually no negatives (not related to sound, anyway).
So true. My opinion.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #31,530 of 31,858

I bought the Mermaid MS2 and the MS3 which I both sold. They were to bright for me. Can you say anything about the brightness of the MP145? I recently bought the 1more Penta P50 which I find truly amazing. Extremely fun. Also recently bought the Fiio ff5 which are also kinda bright and bass shy but that is to expect because they are buds (Also ordered the Venture monk, seems fun to compare them). Will keep them though because they are the only buds in my collection. First I am saving for the Fiio ft5 but maybe (if nothing else comes along) the mp145 are next…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back