Chicago Mini Meet - Saturday May 14th
Mar 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

Audio Addict

Headphoneus Supremus
It is official, there will be a Chicago mini meet on Saturday, May 14th.

It is being held and hosted by Ray Samuels Audio, which is located at 8005 Keeler Avenue, Skokie, IL 60076.

The meet will run from 10 am to 4 pm.

After 4 pm, we'll spend some time listening to Ray's speaker system so please feel free to bring some special music you would enjoy listening and sharing with the group. This includes both CD's and Vinyl.

Attendees (18 to date):

Audio Addict
bhd812
xuan87
james93
Keithpgdrb
sw98
Roscoeiii
elrod-tom
jeffro
markmaxx
warp08
recstar24
Todd R
Hase
jaddie
kokushu
zlobby
Hadrien

Equipment

Headphone:
HE-6 with Whiplash Audio TWag v1 balance cable
HD 650
Grado SR60
Klipsch Custom 3
HE-5LE
HP1000
HD600
Hippo EB Headphones
HD600 and beyer dt880/600

Source:
PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC / laptop
HiFiMan HM-602
Clip + Rockbox
Meridian 508.24
iBasso DB2 DAC and the Algorithm Solo with Whiplash TWag v2 adapters connected to iPad 2
HRT Music Streamer Pro (balanced) and HRT iStreamer
emu 0404 usb
Calyx Kong DAC/AMP

Amplifier:
If the stars align, the new DARK STAR could make a guest appearance.
SR-71B with TWag v2 balance input adapter and TWag v1 balance output adapter
Bottlehead Crack with Speedball
Bottlehead Crack no Speedball
Balance Little Dot MK IV
Eddie Current Amp (TBD which one)
SR-71B
SR-71B

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 91
I can bring my Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball, I should have it built by then, Grado SR60, Klipsch Custom 3, Senn HD 650 and my Clip+ Rockbox.

James

Forgot to add Oppo player to feed the Crack.  So bring cd's if you like

Mar 22, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 91
Sorry to ask now but any chance of moving the date to June 25th? I understand if it can't be done though. Asking because I'm going to be in the Chicago area that weekend, already have a flight booked.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 91
I wish we could change but I finalized everything recently. It is always great to have you make different meets and I am sorry this one doesn't work. However, ChiUniFi 5 is fast approaching in November and you're always welcome.

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 91
If the Stars are in alignment, it is possible by the meet, Ray's recently announced "DARK STAR" headphone amplifier will make an appearance. There are a lot of things that need to go smoothly but if they do, we'll be able to hear what this new baby can do.:D If you haven't heard about it yet just go to Ray's home page and he has the initial write up.

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 91
This may be possible... I have virtually nothing to bring (other than some CDs), but I'd love to come to a meet at some point. We'll see how this pans out.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #12 of 91
I doubt i can make it but if anybody wants GR10s in the mix, I might be able to drop those off at Ray's. I really feel my Fuze v2 sounds better with 02.02.26 firmware than with rockbox so I could leave that for compare with both installed along with an Ipod touch (better) with some great wav files aboard. PM if any interest.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #14 of 91
Man I wish I could make this! Unfortunately I will be out of town visiting my parents. I love visiting at Ray's.  His vinyl/speaker rig is a real treat to listen to!  I hope you guys have fun.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #15 of 91
I'll be there...I'll be in town FRI PM, but I'm not sure how late I'll be able to stay on SAT.  I've got to be back in Detroit in time to see my son play soccer vs his old team on SUN at 10 AM, but I will be able to make it this time.  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back