Chicago meet?
Apr 22, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #211 of 237
I received the Exact Power EP-15A from Anthony Padilla of Aberdeen Components, the Sales and Distributor for Exact Power. Thank-you!!!!!!!!

I have hooked up my AudioValve RKV Mk II to it and it draws a whopping 45 WRMS and the unit is rated at 1650 at 120 volts so I think we will have a great source of clean steady power for the meet on Saturday and Sunday.

The only issue will be enough outlets as the EP-15A has only 8 outlets so if anyone would have something like a PS Audio Juice Bar, we could expand the outlet count. I will also be bringing my Custom Power Cord Company Power Bloc, but you should not use other conditioners with the Exact Power unit so this will be for other items.

Apr 23, 2003 at 2:03 PM Post #212 of 237
I'm planning on being there on Saturday. Looks like a couple of my friends are also going to make it. They will not be bringing any audio equipment since they are only into creating electronic music not in to listening, yet but I'm hoping on infecting them with the audio bug
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:50 PM Post #213 of 237
Change of plans, I'll probably be there, don't know if Saturday or Sunday though. Don't count on me bringing anything though because I can't make both days. I mean, if you really want, I can find you tomorrow Tuberoller and drop of my craptacular Sony PCDP with line out, which only works off of power outlets, otherwise I have no source to offer.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #214 of 237
I think I will not be bringing my MG Head DT and Creek OBH-11SE amps since Reynman is bringing his and we are short on sources anyway. I will bring my NAD and MSB DAC, Outlaw cables and varies cans I listed before.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #216 of 237
Everything is looking great.If anyone needs directions please PM me.I'll post some specific driving directions for the the area near the hotel later tonight when I get home. We still need sources but we'll make out regardless.

Apr 25, 2003 at 12:22 AM Post #217 of 237
Tuberolller, can you give us an updated list on exactly what will be at the meet? I've gotten the feeling that the list on the 5th page hasn't been updated too diligently.

And i picked up a case of sprecher today, for anyone who remembers that whole rootbeer thread a few months back
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #218 of 237
The meet aproaches! Me & lady are flying out tommorrow afternoon. Could use directions from O'Hare to the hotel if anyone knows an easy route. Else I'll see what mapquest spits out.

Apr 25, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #219 of 237
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
Tuberolller, can you give us an updated list on exactly what will be at the meet? I've gotten the feeling that the list on the 5th page hasn't been updated too diligently.

And i picked up a case of sprecher today, for anyone who remembers that whole rootbeer thread a few months back
smily_headphones1.gif

The gear list is pretty accurate.I will add/subtract gear right now.

Apr 25, 2003 at 2:07 PM Post #220 of 237
Tuberoller, do you know if this place will allow beer? Or you don't want to mix it with all the expansive equipment? which is fine with me
smily_headphones1.gif

Forgot, did someone mentioned strippers a few posts back
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2003 at 2:08 PM Post #221 of 237
Quote:

Originally posted by dariusf
Forgot, did someone mentioned strippers a few posts back
tongue.gif

A few naked cables and tubes are fine with me
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2003 at 2:30 PM Post #223 of 237
Quote:

Originally posted by Kieran Comito
There is some gear that I am bringing that is not on the updated gear list. These include, The Cary 303/200 cd player, Grado SR 225 and VD Nites Power Cords and interconnects.

I'll add them now.

Apr 25, 2003 at 3:04 PM Post #224 of 237
I just checked some of the sites that offer directions and none of them are too specific on how to get to the hotel.

I see that all of them tell you how to get to Lakshore Drive.I'll start there.Coming from the north or south on the Lakeshore Drive exit at 47th street.Directly across the street from the exit ramp you will see Cornell ave(1600 east).It is only about 100 feet past the exit ramp.Turn left on Cornell(you can only turn one way) you'll drive past a park with basketball courts and two baseball diamonds.Cornell winds around to 49th street where you'll come to the rear of the Ramada Inn lakeshore.There is construction on Lakshore Drive but I called and there will be none tomorrow.There are many lane closures but all exits are open near the hotel.

If you are coming from I-94 (Dan Ryan Expressway) exit at 47th street.Turn east(left if coming from North,right if coming from south).Travel about 2 miles on 47th street.There are many stoplights along this street but the main one to look for is Lake Park Avenue.Once you get to Lake park proceed further east about 500 feet ,traveling under the first viaduct(but not the second) make the first and only right turn at Cornell where you'll see and drive past the park and come to 49th street at the rear of the hotel.You can park in the hotel lot or on the streets around the hotel.The meet is in the first big room in the lobby of the hotel directly to the left of the front door.This room is the Superior Room.Meet will start at noon and will end at 6:00pm both days.

No outside refreshments are allowed in the hotel.I'll see what I can do about some drinks.I'll have some tables set up for attendees to set-up their gear and there should be plenty of chairs.The room is large enough to allow some isolation so that you can hear the amps,phones and sources fairly decent.

If you have any trouble call me at 773-425-3340.Don't hang up if I answer "Fire Department".

Please,please,please label your CDs and leave the remotes at home.I promise you'll never use them and the probability of loss is great (ask a few guys about last time).

Apr 25, 2003 at 6:16 PM Post #225 of 237
Since my last update to my equipment list for the Chicago Head-Fi meet, I have decided to eliminate the Etymotics from that list. I just don't feel safe having someone else stick my canalphones inside his/her ears.

So, without further adieu, here is my finalised equipment list:

Headphones:
Grado SR-60
Grado SR-80
Grado SR-225
Grado SR-325
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Sennheiser HD 600 w/Stock Cable
Sony MDR-7506
Sony MDR-V700DJ

Amps:
Grado RA-1
Headroom Total Airhead 4.5V

Portable Music Sources:
Panasonic SL-CT470 PCDP
Panasonic SL-CT790 PCDP
Sony D-EJ1000 PCDP
Sony MZ-N707 MD

Interconnects:
Acoustic Research AP042 mini-to-dual-RCA cable (1m)
Plastics One mini-to-mini cable (originally bundled with my Total Airhead)

Batteries:
Various rechargeable NiCd and NiMH 1.2V "AAA" and 8.4V "9V" size batteries and gumsticks

And of course, some of my personal favourite music albums on CD and MD.

That's all that I will bring.

See ya tomorrow!

Randall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back