Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Jul 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #124 of 264
It is just a small thin blue cardboard box. I guess I expected more on a limited edition headphone.

The way I figure it is the less they spend on presentation/packaging the more they can spend on making it sound good.
That said, there is such a thing as underwhelming presentation, which I can understand, even if it doesn't matter as much to me.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #125 of 264
The way I figure it is the less they spend on presentation/packaging the more they can spend on making it sound good.
That said, there is such a thing as underwhelming presentation, which I can understand, even if it doesn't matter as much to me.

My $499 HE400i comes with better packaging and cabling and initially to me sonically very enjoyable as well as comfortable.

The GH1 are very detailed but with the foam ear cushions cannot get the same seal as the HE400i so it is not as intimate.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #126 of 264
My $499 HE400i comes with better packaging and cabling and initially to me sonically very enjoyable as well as comfortable.

The GH1 are very detailed but with the foam ear cushions cannot get the same seal as the HE400i so it is not as intimate.

Well, I don't think anyone is arguing that Grado really isn't doing a whole lot of innovation whereas a company like HifiMan has serious dedication to pushing boundaries.
Grades are uncomfortable, measure poorly (colored sound) and made in an outdated facility with infrequent updates. Yet they still sell well, even very well. It's fascinating. I don't expect today's standards from a company that's still operating as if it were the 70's. It's grado. Some say charm, some say dated. I've enjoyed grasp headphones in the past, but they really are a different experience from mainstream headphone-dom.
Still I get what you're saying. Which is part of why I no longer own grados.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #128 of 264
Finally got around to adding my gear to spreadsheet.

I also have a friend who's not on Head-Fi but would like to come as well.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #131 of 264
I added the map and directions link to the first post for the Hyatt Regency as well as included it below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/773170/chicago-head-fi-meet-august-8th-12-00-to-7-00-pm-at-tweak-studio#post_11731022

http://chicagoregency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel/map-and-directions.html?icamp=propMapDirections

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #134 of 264
Received a shipping notice today from LH Labs on my Geek Out v2+ so hopefully it will be delivered in time for the meet. :)

Do you remember what batch you were in? I was batch 10 on the original pre-order. Hoping to have mine before the wedding.

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back