Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014
Oct 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #76 of 167
Hey Everyone.  Its time for another HP meet.  Bring on ChiUniFi 8.5.  I'm skipping the middle process of an interest thread.  The date IS November 8th from 10-4.

Same location as last year.  So who's coming?????

This event will be focused on gear, listening, and friendship of course!  There will be no official raffles.

I will also be setting up a music trade table.  If you have CD's or LP's that you would like to pass on, bring them along and see if there is anything on the table you might want to trade for.  I will be bringing some things I'm sure.  some good, some crap.  Its a nicer way to purge your collection if your so inclined.

I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks.  If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it.  A bit of a pot luck if you will.  we don't need much of course.  maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever.  You don't have to bring anything.

I have included the details below, please take a minute to read ALL of it.  Please post in this thread and let me know if you are coming, and what gear you will be bringing along.  I will do my best to update the thread so we know who and what will be present.

Who: Midwest Head-Fi'ers 
What: Headphone Meet!
When: November 2nd, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: 4211 Grand Ave, Western Springs, IL 
Why: seriously?
How: now brown cow.

HOW TO FIND THE ROOM (yes, I will make signs along your path)
1.  Park in the free parking lot, and enter doors that are right off the lot
2.  get in the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor
3.  exit elevator, walk up the ramp to your left, and go through the door directly in front of you.
4.  You will now be in a hallway.  walk straight, and take the 2nd hallway on your right.  there will be a sign that says "SENIOR CENTER"  Go there.
5.  If you hit the girls bathroom, you've gone too far.  turn around.
6.  Welcome.

Other:
-Please bring extension cords and power strips if you have them.  There are outlets here, but I have to check on their placement.
-YES, the meet is easily accessible by train.  The Metra drops you off right in downtown Western Springs.  The meet location is only a few suburban blocks away.  Very easy walk, or you can arrange to be picked up by one of us.  Not me.

IMPORTANT!!
Following the event, if anyone is interested, there is a great pub 2.5 miles away in LaGrange.  excellent beer and food selections.  I plan on going there for a burger and a beer, and I hate to drink alone, so please join me.  Yes, its all ages as well.  This can often be the best part of a meet!

http://www.palmerslagrange.com

Whoo Hoo!!

November 2nd is a Sunday so is it the 1st?

Oct 13, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #77 of 167
Date isn't clear in the first post, I sent Keith a request to clarify.

I'm going to do my best to attend, I may get called out of town before then. Is there an equipment list going yet?  Unless other people have them I will bring:

Sony MDR-Z7
Oppo PM-1
Audeze LCD-X
Alpha Dogs

Ragnarok
Possibly a GSX-mk2 (if Dubstep Girl doesn't plan to attend with one)

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #78 of 167
  Date isn't clear in the first post, I sent Keith a request to clarify.

I'm going to do my best to attend, I may get called out of town before then. Is there an equipment list going yet?  Unless other people have them I will bring:

Sony MDR-Z7
Oppo PM-1
Audeze LCD-X
Alpha Dogs

Ragnarok
Possibly a GSX-mk2 (if Dubstep Girl doesn't plan to attend with one)

No I don't think anyone has started to compile an equipment list just yet. Perhaps someone could make a Google Doc/Spreadsheet and everyone could add information in from there? Link to it somewhere on the first page.

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #79 of 167
Sorry everyone, 

when I cut and pasted the information from last year, I didnt update the date within the message.  The title of the thread and the first few sentences had the correct date.  I've fixed it now.  surprised no one caught it earlier.  especially me.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #80 of 167
I should be able to make this! Very cool. 

(Will update this post with the gear I'm bringing sometime in the next day or so.)

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #81 of 167
  Sorry everyone, 

when I cut and pasted the information from last year, I didnt update the date within the message.  The title of the thread and the first few sentences had the correct date.  I've fixed it now.  surprised no one caught it earlier.  especially me.

Oh no so its on Nov 8th?  if thats the case I have a disaster recovery test I sort of need to attend or it would be a disaster  :frowning2:((

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #82 of 167
  Oh no so its on Nov 8th?  if thats the case I have a disaster recovery test I sort of need to attend or it would be a disaster  :frowning2:((

is it all day?  this meet is close to you yes?

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #84 of 167
Just made a google form and corresponding spreadsheet for an equipment list!
The spreadsheet will be updated automatically upon completion of the form.
Please fill in the form and submit it so that we can have a complete equipment list for who is attending so far.

Here is the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tSUDWG0rGgNocfYgu6uQBI80oaxN5oakBoW0FAyY4uo/viewform
Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lv2XDaNLaxRSvqnYSpNsj0P0GN8ypm6m6C1e-S5d-YU/edit?usp=sharing

Keithpgdrb,
If you could copy these links into one of the first posts, that would be great! This will be much easier to maintain than the list I had to manually update for the last meet. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #86 of 167
  Just made a google form and corresponding spreadsheet for an equipment list!
The spreadsheet will be updated automatically upon completion of the form.
Please fill in the form and submit it so that we can have a complete equipment list for who is attending so far.

Here is the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tSUDWG0rGgNocfYgu6uQBI80oaxN5oakBoW0FAyY4uo/viewform
Here is the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lv2XDaNLaxRSvqnYSpNsj0P0GN8ypm6m6C1e-S5d-YU/edit?usp=sharing

Keithpgdrb,
If you could copy these links into one of the first posts, that would be great! This will be much easier to maintain than the list I had to manually update for the last meet. 

Done, see second post.  and thank you.  I was actually thinking of asking someone else to do that portion.  You read my mind.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #87 of 167

Done, see second post.  and thank you.  I was actually thinking of asking someone else to do that portion.  You read my mind.

Glad I could help! I figured this way would be much easier than having to scan through and write down everyone's information manually 

Also, I don't see the links in the second post.

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #88 of 167
Can we bring beer to this event? :p

Also, I will be attending, so you can change mine from "maybe"

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #89 of 167
  Glad I could help! I figured this way would be much easier than having to scan through and write down everyone's information manually 

Also, I don't see the links in the second post.

I just went to post#2 and its there.  not sure why you wouldn't see it.  refresh?  let me know if it continues to be wrong and I'll move it again.

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #90 of 167
Can we bring beer to this event?
tongue.gif

Also, I will be attending, so you can change mine from "maybe"

Hmm, I will look into that.  not been done before.  I'll check, as it is a community center, it might be frowned upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back