Cheapest silver or SPC wire with a clear jacket?
Feb 2, 2010 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iamthecheese

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to re-cable my k601s with cable that looks like this
HFI780sxc.jpg

Thats the LOOK I'm going for, but not for the price of 5-10 dollars per foot for cable.

I'm not really looking for a better sound, but I'll welcome one if that's the outcome.
Basically, I want to recable to give my k601s a better look, make them unique to me, and deal with the 3m stock cable being all over the place(since theres only like 3 feet between me and my amp).

I'd really just like the cheapest wire that looks silver with a clear jacket.

I was most likely going to do a 5 foot litz braid to a 1/4 connector, leaving the braided wire un-sleeved.

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 8
you could coat your current cable in aluminum foil

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 8
i too am in search of cable but have no idea of who the cable suppliers are, i dont want to use cat5 cable again, heh,

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Parts Connexion is a great place to get hookup wire, but almost all of it comes in a solid color jacket. Some of the Kimber and Neo-tech wire comes in a clear jacket, but the prices aren't exactly bargain basement.

Feb 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 8
I think the perfect wire for you will be some Cooner wire. It is silver plated copper in a clear silicone jacket, and is about as flexible as you can imagine (seriously, it will surprise you). A gorgeous wire, really. The bonus is that is only about $1.30 a foot. Contact Koyaan I Sqatsi if you would like some. Here is what it looks like on my K81DJ's. It sounds fantastic, too.

fraggler-albums-k81dj-picture4155-shiny-recable-k81dj-top.jpg

Also, hndme.com sells soft annealed silver in multiple sizes, most under $2 a foot. You will have to buy your own teflon tubing, but that you can get for $10 for 100' off Amazon. It won't be nearly as flexible as the Cooner, though.

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 8
That does look nice FraGGleR, very SXC-ish IMO.

Judging from the pics on ALO's site, it looks like Neotech makes it. It uses the same spools that they use.

One thing is that Neotech requires you to buy 2000M of it, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back