Cheap, open, comfortable, HUGE ear space
Mar 28, 2007 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jim McC

100+ Head-Fier
Is there any such headphone for about $50 or less? I have the AKG 301-XTRA and I love the HUGE ear space on them. Is there anything similiar to that in open design? I just got the KOSS UR40, but I don't think I'm going to keep them. They sound very good, but the cups are too small(shallow). Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 9
501s. Save a few bucks, HUGE "ear space".

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 9
I don't know if i've ever seen cans with as big an earpad as the akg k-x0x line.

In your price range you can troll ebay for a K300 Monitor or something, and that will sound better than the k301xtra and fit your other requirements, but, there are only so many of them out there, and i know at least one person other than fitz and myself who might bid against you.

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if i've ever seen cans with as big an earpad as the akg k-x0x line.

In your price range you can troll ebay for a K300 Monitor or something, and that will sound better than the k301xtra and fit your other requirements, but, there are only so many of them out there, and i know at least one person other than fitz and myself who might bid against you.

I have minimal interest in the K300 and K301, so I probably won't be bidding against anybody. I do know of several other people who regularly bid on AKG phones though, although I'm not naming names.

Mar 29, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 9
You can get a used Senn HD570 for that price. Nice open soundstage, large deep comfortable pads. Very good sound for $50, although they are not my favorite $50 headphones based on sound alone. I use them for tv/movies/games and they are super comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back