Cheap Customs in 2020?
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jenkinsontherun

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was just wondering whether there are cheap, passable custom IEMs, perhaps under $200?

Reason is I can't stand silicone tips, and the idea of having a custom mold in the ear sounds like it can provide a long term solution. Insofar as the iem sounds good, of course.

Feel free to just throw out names that you've tried and find decent. Not competitive, but decent :).

Thank you!

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Inearz have the s150 on sale right now for $206. Your major problem at this time though is finding an audiologist open I would imagine. Could be worth emailing the company you choose to see if they would honour the price until you can get to one. ADV may be worth a look as well.

Apr 24, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Inearz have the s150 on sale right now for $206. Your major problem at this time though is finding an audiologist open I would imagine. Could be worth emailing the company you choose to see if they would honour the price until you can get to one. ADV may be worth a look as well.
True. I was also thinking of getting some etymotic custom tips, but obviously it's difficult now.

Apr 24, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #8 of 9
You could also place your order now then send in your impressions when you eventually get them. Companies don’t normally have a time limit on when impressions need to be received. As a courtesy I do suggest reaching out to them to let them know there may be a delay on your end.

Apr 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 9
I did a review of the E2 and really dig the warm and punchy signature of the ciems. I honestly don't know of any ciems that can be had around that price without ordering from overseas and having to wait multiple weeks. Anthem Five also ships the ciems out faster than some of the big name ciem companies that charge for quick turn around. That being said I'm sure the turn around time is longer than normal with most states have some type of shelter in place order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back