Charity Case: Un-'Improved' Grado Cups
Mar 31, 2010 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gbacic

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-fiers,

I didn't want to post this in the for sale forums because I am not asking to buy anything.
I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to send me a pair of plastic grado cups to me so that I may replace the ugly SR60i cups to the shallower, more attractive SR60 cups. Of course any cups will do, I live in Canada and I think the shipping from someone in the CONUS or elsewhere in Canada (with one of those plastic bubble envelopes) would be a couple of dollars.
I know many of you guys have woodied your grado's and don't use the standard cups any more, and if you had ones (that weren't broken) that you could mail over to me that would be splendid! I don't care what model, as long as they are plastic and not broken, paint rubbed off/no buttons is fine, I just don't want them broken in to shards.

GradoSR80vsSR80i.jpg

The ones on the LEFT are the cups I would like, and the cups on the RIGHT are the ones I have (which are ugly and I would like to replace).

I have no expectations of anyone, and I am probably wrong about how much it would cost to send these. If you want I can pay for them.

Send me a PM if you would like to help, and I can send you my info.

Mods can move/close this if they think it is inappropriate.

Edit: Just checked USPS, shipping a 3 ounce envelope (which is much heavier than this would cost) is 3 USD and a 3 pack of bubble envelops is another 3 USD.
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 9
EDIT: Ugh, I see what I did wrong.

I'm looking for the flat ones, the ones on the older plastic Grado/Allesandro models.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 9
What do you mean?

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by baddfingerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude...you should do a realistic cost/benefit analysis before doing surgery like that to your Grados just for looks.

Taking the cups on/off of a grado takes about 5 minutes and I really wouldn't call it surgery. He's just looking for the non-mushroomed grado cups.

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by baddfingerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude...you should do a realistic cost/benefit analysis before doing surgery like that to your Grados just for looks.

If he can find the cups from someone for a fair low price, why not? The entry level Grado plastic cups aren't high dollar items. I'm guessing someone will let them go for $15-20. Hardly a hit to the wallet, and the switch will literally take a few minutes. On a scale of 1-10 on the customization cost and difficulty, it's a 2. Hardly surgery bro...more like a "turn and cough" check-up.
dt880smile.png

I personally like the bigger chambered cups on my SR80i. Allows for a bigger sound and my felt padding driver enclosures modification.

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 9
And I don't plan on selling these anyways. They are pretty beaten up; I use them as portable headphones so the silver paint is all worn off and there are bumps and bruises.

Sep 5, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #9 of 9
Reviving this old thread because, although momomo6789 was generous enough to send me some MS1i cups for just the shipping cost, the ones he sent were not the ones that I want.

So if anyone has any of the original Grado cups (the shallow ones), or knows a place that sells them, please PM me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back