Changed the ear pads on my DT 990 Beyer Pro and noticed something wierd.
Aug 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #16 of 30
The pack had the beyer logo on them and i bought it from an official distributor store and not online so i'm guessing they are original, they didnt cost 10$ thats for sure, i dont remember exactly how much but more for sure.

@MrEleveny
Those earphones are for mixing purposes, i'll tell you why i ask . . i have a deadline on a project and i just can't work with mine anymore and i need a fast replacement.
So the earphones have to be flat so i can mix with them, the ones you suggested apply?

Thanks!

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 30
The pack had the beyer logo on them and i bought it from an official distributor store and not online so i'm guessing they are original, they didnt cost 10$ thats for sure, i dont remember exactly how much but more for sure.

@MrEleveny
Those earphones are for mixing purposes, i'll tell you why i ask . . i have a deadline on a project and i just can't work with mine anymore and i need a fast replacement.

So the earphones have to be flat so i can mix with them, the ones you suggested apply?

Thanks!
Yes, they're actually all flatter than your 990s.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #18 of 30
ok thanks for the input man!
The DT880 look promising . . overall must balanced.
How accurate are these charts?

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #19 of 30
I've heard all 4 and I feel that it's fairly accurate. The only one that doesn't really match up with what I was hearing would be the Q701s. I didn't hear a midbass hump like the graph is showing but it did feel like the warmer signature of the group. My fave in that batch would be the 880s. I'm not quite sure which would go be second tho... Maybe a 3 way tie.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #20 of 30
The most accurate Beyer is the DT-150 , the 880 has many peaks and the sub-bass is a bit withdrawn , its not neutral 
The 150 is the best Beyerdynamic in terms of ultimate neutrality and fidelity 

The 150 possesses one of the cleanest response I have heard , AKGs have a shouty presence region , no matter how much you burn those in , just a unnatural timbre , Senns although aren't shouty ..have a grainy upper mid-range (PR) 
The DT150 is a headphone which has the grain-free nature of a Beyer and natural timbre of a Senn , if they had the real high frequency resolution of let's say a hd800 , they would have been the best dynamic in the world 

I would say they really put Denon , Shure , Focal etc closed flagship headphones to shame , marvellous in one word ...
For the money of $270 something , the 150 is a steal and is underpriced like all Beyers 

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #21 of 30
  They seriously sound so bad right now . . i can't believe this is the way they sounded when i bought them . . . i'm pretty sure i used the right ear pads . .
I was in the middle of mixing a project but everything sounds so different , , oh man am i in a pickle now . . :frowning2:

That's interesting , just try this - install the stock used pads on one cup and the new one on the other 
Let us know what the exact difference is , that way it should be easy to come to a conclusion 

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #22 of 30
Too bad that they've skyrocketed in price recently (DT150s) I probably would've gave them a try. Might do that if I ever sell the D2ks. I'm on the fence about it right now. They're my only "fun" cans. lol

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #24 of 30
  The most accurate Beyer is the DT-150 , the 880 has many peaks and the sub-bass is a bit withdrawn , its not neutral 
The 150 is the best Beyerdynamic in terms of ultimate neutrality and fidelity 

The 150 possesses one of the cleanest response I have heard , AKGs have a shouty presence region , no matter how much you burn those in , just a unnatural timbre , Senns although aren't shouty ..have a grainy upper mid-range (PR) 
The DT150 is a headphone which has the grain-free nature of a Beyer and natural timbre of a Senn , if they had the real high frequency resolution of let's say a hd800 , they would have been the best dynamic in the world 

I would say they really put Denon , Shure , Focal etc closed flagship headphones to shame , marvellous in one word ...
For the money of $270 something , the 150 is a steal and is underpriced like all Beyers 

i second this opinion..one of the best cans in my garage. ( close 2nd is the yamaha mt220, sounds almost alike but much easier to power)

prices in UK cheaper?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000LDPP1K/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #26 of 30
I threw the old ear pads away after i switched them so i can't test these out . .never heared the 150's whats the full model name ?

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #27 of 30
  I threw the old ear pads away after i switched them so i can't test these out . .never heared the 150's whats the full model name ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyer-Dynamic-AMS-DT-150-250-GREY-Beyerdynamic-Headset/dp/B000LDPP1K

Aug 22, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #28 of 30
So DT150 or DT880 ?

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #29 of 30
DT150 is a closed can....DT880 is an open can. 

i would pick the DT150 for a big...neutral...very entrancing sound. Listening to it now...heavenly.

Sep 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #30 of 30
Ok so i found the authorized Beyer retailer in my country and paid them a visit with my headphones and compared them to a new pair at the store and guess what . . the difference is immense . . i mean my earphones sound like "Beats" rather then Beyer . . so we started to look for the problem and then i just started to feel out the pads and i felt a really big difference in material . . my new ones were like all spongy while the ones on the new pair felt like gel or something . . so it's definitely the pads, so i asked to buy new ones and they don't keep them in stock and said that if i want them i'll have to wait for a month for a shipment . . not gonna happen.

So does anyone know a SAFE online retailer with authentic stuff that i can buy/order pads from?
And be careful guys when buying new pads, keep your old ones after you change them just in-case . .

Thanks guys !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back