CES 04 Pics-New Sennheiser 500 series
Jan 12, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
well, yes, i'm sure they are too. i mean, no one would lie. BUT... the ones i can get for $0.20 each are probably 24k gold too. i mean, it's not a dye.

Don't worry, I never planed on buying them, it sounds like more audiophile nonsense. Gold CDs do not sound any better, and they are not suppose to, they are suppose to last longer however. Then again what is the lifespan of a normal CD anyway?

Jan 12, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #17 of 25
I own all of the Queen CDs in gold and to be honest I don't think I can hear much of a difference between a gold Queen CD and a regular Queen CD. The gold CDs seem to develop very thin scratches easier, though.

Jan 12, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by ch1nkster
I just got back from CES. Wow it was hella fun. The place was HUGE and I looked everywhere from the Sennheiser booth, which I eventually found. Anyway, I got to hear the new 500 model line up and they do sound pretty good. Sound is comparable to the HD 580 and the HD 590 but like kinda a mixed bag. They don't sound like the 580's, 600's, or 650's and not like the 570, 590, etc. I also got to listen to the HD 650's for quite a long time (well there were people waiting behind me to listen so I just let them listen and then they usually only listen for like 5-10 secs and leave, giving me more time to hear them
biggrin.gif
) and I must say, they sound incredible! They sound better than the HD 600's and HD 580's by a mile (well maybe not that much). I will post a large thread with TONS of pics I took at CES (about 200-250 pics) very soon. (hint: I need webpace to host the pics. gimme a good place with good bandwidth and i will post them sooner)

PS: I will post my CES pictures with a bunch of pictures of the Sennheiser booth as soon as I get an app that will let me to resize my pics quickly

After listening to them I decided it wasn't worth stepping up from my 580's. They did sound better but not enough to justify the cost I felt.

Jan 13, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #24 of 25
how could anyone say those new Senn cans are ugly??? they look pretty good...granted they're not the best looking cans, but they still look better than most, IMO. they have a very futuristic look, and also seem like they would be very comfy.

also, those new REL speakers are possibly the best looking towers i've ever seen. the one thing that has changed over the years in speaker making is the design...not that it plays a huge role...but some designs now-a-days are so beatiful. speakers, to me, not only represent being able to reproduce sounds, but i also look at them as a work of art. there's just something about speakers (the shape, look, and feel of the actual drivers) that intrigues me.

Jan 13, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #25 of 25
Thanks to Hajime for hosting my pics (and for painfully manually re-sizing them)! Lol you didn't have to put like "Property of Alex Guh" because I would feel content with "Property of Head-Fi" so that other sites can't steal the pics. I have some more pics i can send you with some pics of the Denon and Marantz CD and SACD players and some speakers. I only have some pics of Audio-related stuff, but I have a ton of pics from a bunch of other high-tech companies (ie : Sony, Keyocera, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, Intel, etc, etc, etc). I have some other pics of those speakers, but I had to delete them in order to make room to take other pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back