CEntrance DACmini CX Amp/DAC and DT 990 Pro 250 ohm, good combo? Also other questions
Dec 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

apav

New Head-Fier
I normally have my DT 990 Pro's hooked up to my Sound Blaster ZXR sound card and it sounds fantastic for PC games and most music. That was my first venture into the audiophile world, and as I'm becoming more like one I am being subjected to its curse, I demand more. Well not just because I want to. I really am spending money like crazy lately and decided to update my living room, I got a PS4 and Xbox One, and I want to use my headphones with them but they will not be enough to drive 250ohms. So I started to look at AMP/DAC combos, and found this one on Massdrop.That is an amazing discount, for a product that apparently produces audio fidelity similar to other products way above its normal price point. I was planning on getting a Schiit stack and a virtual surround processor like this, but this seems like a much better deal, better on space, and I can always add virtual surround later. But only 1 day left on the deal, so I am wondering how this will work with my Beyers for consoles? Also, would I get any benefit from plugging it into the back of my sound card and plugging my headphones into it? Would it just override the sound card's DAC/amp?

I also plan to dive deeper into this foray of madness. And this is just because I want to! I plan to get another pair of high fidelity cans, but closed back and lower impedance so I can use them on the go and not need anything special to drive them. (If anyone has some recommendations for one I'd appreciate it). But since I'm looking for a something to sound different than my DT 990s for a little variety, I may plug them in this DAC/Amp from time to time. This unit comes with 10 ohm output impedance, but I have the option to get a 1 Ohm output impedance mod. For my personal setup, which would be the best option for me?

Appreciate the help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back