CEC DA53, impressions?
Jul 27, 2007 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tk3

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm in the market for a DAC, the DA53 has caught my interest, but I can't find much information about it that isn't in Japanese (logical considering its manufacturer), and some old threads on head-fi.

Any headfiers got any experience with this thing, how does it hold up compared to some of the more popular choices like Benchmark DAC?
How is the USB section of the DAC, is it high quality, or not as good as the other inputs?

The pricing seems to vary alot also; in Europe the dealers sell it for about 1200 euro, but I've seen prices in the 500 USD range also.
If you were able to compare it with some other DACs, would you say it performs in the 500 range or the 1000+ range?
Thank you for any input about this DAC.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 6
Jul 27, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 6
I had a da53 for over a year. It's a great little dac. The headamp in it is lousy, however, so don't get it for that. The usb section is effective.

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I did do a search, but almost all those threads are dated 1-2 years back and pretty much all the info are from Elephas.
I'm interested in if anyone else has anything to add about the DAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a da53 for over a year. It's a great little dac. The headamp in it is lousy, however, so don't get it for that. The usb section is effective.

Thank you for your reply.
Yeah, I read about the amp/mic section, and I don't plan to use either part, so that is no problem.
The USB input is the most important to me.

I see that you got that Apogee MiniDAC, how would you say the DA53 compares to it?

Jul 27, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 6
They're similar in character, but I'm using them differently. I used the DA53 to feed my mpx3, and I'm using the minidac to feed hd580s directly at the moment.

Feb 20, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back