Cd's you have a hard time finding?
Sep 10, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 39
the improvised music from japan box set is sold out youre right, and the music in it is incredible (my friend has it and i was able to burn the cds). however i dont think most of that stuff is unreleased, so if you look up the individual artists (otomo yoshihide, toshimaru nakamura, saichiko m, etc.) you should probably be able to find the stuff in the box set or something similar. keep in mind though that those guys do wildly varying things, i.e. yoshihide has released albums ranging from free jazz to minimalist composition to noise to rock. so read reviews before you buy, forced exposure (www.fe.org) is good for this.

Sep 10, 2003 at 7:43 PM Post #17 of 39
I'm having a helluva tough time getting my hands on No-Man - Returning Jesus. als can't seem to find Mingus Ah Hum anywhere (should probably order it...).

Sep 10, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #18 of 39
I'm very glad I decided to read this topic, because it reminded me to check eBay for a copy of the Eternal Darkness soundtrack (GameCube game). This cd was never commercially available and is out-of-print, and finding one is really tough. But, when I check eBay today, holy crap there's one of 'em! So glad I checked, there's no telling how long I would've had to wait for another chance to get it.

I had similar quests and successes in my purchases of Shamanic Princess OST 1, a Tenchi Muyo cd (can't remember the exact title at the moment), and Mother Earth by Within Tempation.

Sep 10, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
... and Mother Earth by Within Tempation.

eh, shops around here usually still have a bunch of those... maybe it would have actually sold better if they didn't have those amazingly cheesy clips on MTV and they didn't butcher a Kate Bush song
rolleyes.gif

Sep 11, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #21 of 39
A lot of the music I listen to is hard to find in the U.S., but I have found a mail order place in Germany to get the CDs I want.

Sep 11, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
braver go to www.burningshed.com

they have most of the solo porcupine tree stuff.

yeah, I know, but I don't have a creditcard.. which is a good thing actually
rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2003 at 3:38 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Silver
For some reasons, Sigur Ros is out of stock in every record shop in HK...

I've never seen their CDs in HK, new or used. Seems like their label is just not interested in this small market.

Another one on my wish list:

Tokusen II by Kitaro -- a 2-CD set, the first one is a boring compliation; but the second disc is a recording of a Kitaro concert in Osaka, and this has not been available anywhere else.

And blessingx, you may consider making a wish-list over at www.djangomusic.com. The Gasparyan CD isn't that rare and a used copy may pop up soon.

Sep 12, 2003 at 3:44 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by FalconP
I've never seen their CDs in HK, new or used. Seems like their label is just not interested in this small market.

Another one on my wish list:

Tokusen II by Kitaro -- a 2-CD set, the first one is a boring compliation; but the second disc is a recording of a Kitaro concert in Osaka, and this has not been available anywhere else.

And blessingx, you may consider making a wish-list over at www.djangomusic.com. The Gasparyan CD isn't that rare and a used copy may pop up soon.

I saw a lot of Sigur Ros's () in Causeway Bay HMV when it was released in October last year. However, when I went back to it few days ago, all the copies have gone. =(

Their records do exist in Hong Kong. I saw Sigur Ros's new single and Agestis Byrjun(sp?) in a shop in Mong Kok, a copy of AB is also available in Causeway Bay HMV for HKD160. Also, there is a copy of Sigur Ros () in a record shop in Wan Chai called Rock Gallery. I am gonna pick it up tomorrow even though it is a bit expensive (HKD140).

Sep 12, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #27 of 39
Presidents of the United States of America - Pure Frosting. The Presidents are a lot of fun to listen to. This CD also contains the video for Mach 5, an awesome music video that's damn near impossible to find elsewhere. I see a lot of copies on half.com though; I just have to get around to it.

I used to have a hell of a time finding any good metal CDs. I've since discovered used CD stores and a couple of independent shops that stock a lot of good stuff. From one punk-and-metal shop in Madison I picked up two Skyclad albums and one by In Extremo. (OK, all folk metal, but I've seen about everything there.)

Sep 12, 2003 at 6:23 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by wab
"Improvised Music From Japan" 10CD box. I heard a radioshow around this set about a year ago and have been trying to find one ever since. I think all 800 copies are gone
frown.gif

http://www.japanimprov.com/boxset/index-e.html

This site looks like it have have some of the volumes for sale. Looks like these may be from the 10 box set, though I'm not certain.

Sep 12, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #29 of 39
For the longest time I was looking for a copy of "American Original" by Joy of Cooking but couldn't find one for under $100. While looking on Amazon to make sure I got the title right, I found out that the record companies have finally released Joy of Cookings first album. Now I can finally have them on CD. Thanks for the thread.

Sep 12, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #30 of 39
i haven't been able to find "under the western freeway" by grandaddy anywhere, not even tower. i ended up getting it from alldirect.com. i should've bought it at their concert when i had the chance....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back