CD won`t play!
Apr 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nigeljames

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I don`t know if this is the right place to post this but I have a problem with a cd that won`t play. Firstly its not as simple as it seems and any advice would be appreciated. The cd is the new one by Covered Call "Money Never Sleeps"
now the problem is this. I download alot of music,listen to it on my pc and if I like it burn it to disk in Wave format to listen on my main headphone rig. If I still like it I buy it. Here`s the problem. I burn`t it to disk twice and the disks will play on my pc but I get a disk error when I try to play it on my cd player. I listen a few more times on my pc and decided I would buy the retail disk. Its arrived today and it won`t play. I am still getting a disk error everytime I try but the disks all work fine on my pc so I know there is nothing wrong with any of the disks.
Every other disk works fine, its as though my cd player won`t play ANY disk with that music on it. If anyone has any suggestions as to why this is happening I would be grateful, its got me stumped
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 6
Say again, and in other words; Including CDP make & model.

Apr 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 6
I have a Cyrus CD8se

Apr 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry, can't be helpful, then.

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 6
With "burn it to disk in Wave format" you mean burning Wave files to a data CD?
If so, then that might be the problem. Cause not all CD players support that, as they expect PCM files (no Wave container) on an audio CD.

Try burning an Audio CD (Red Book) instead.

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With "burn it to disk in Wave format" you mean burning Wave files to a data CD?
If so, then that might be the problem. Cause not all CD players support that, as they expect PCM files (no Wave container) on an audio CD.

Try burning an Audio CD (Red Book) instead.

No thats not the problem. I create an audio cd with creative mediaplayer which means the tracks are are upgraded from mp3 to wave format. I have 100`s of disks like that and they all work!
Also that does not explain why a retail version of the disk will not work either. As far as I can tell there are 3 constant components at work here
1. CD Player: I know this is working fine.
2. Disks thenselves (2 cd-r`s, 1 retail audio disk): They can`t all be faulty!
3. The data/music actually on the disks. This might be in 2 different formats, wave and whatever is the format on the retail disk, but my cd player plays both formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back