CD-Recorder questions?
Nov 26, 2004 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GlowWorm

Headphoneus Supremus
I want buy a dual disc CD-recorder so I can burn some mix's from my CD's, and I was wondering if I could use it for this purpose without having to connect it to my preamp or CDP? In other words just use it seperately? I plan on using the headphone out for monitoring. Also will I be able to record from CD-R's?

Thanks

BWT, the unit I'm interested in is the Sony RCD-W1 if it matters.

Nov 29, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Almost certainly. I have a dual deck Teac RW-CD22, which I mostly use for copying LP's but it can certainly copy cd-cd without the need for other equipment. The Teac headphone output does not have a volume control so I use my Stax SRM 001 Mk11 hooked up to the analog outputs.

Nov 29, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow
Almost certainly. I have a dual deck Teac RW-CD22, which I mostly use for copying LP's but it can certainly copy cd-cd without the need for other equipment. The Teac headphone output does not have a volume control so I use my Stax SRM 001 Mk11 hooked up to the analog outputs.

Thanks for the reply. How do you like that RW-CD22? I've narrow things down to that, or the newer RW-D250, because I havn't had much luck with Sony.

BTW, does the headphone out on your RW-CD22 have an exceptable volume level for monitoring? I plan on using my HD580's for that purpose.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I was wondering if you still have the manual for your TEAC RW-CD22; I am desperate to learn how to use it and can not find a manual anywhere!
Thanks for any help you can give.
Jan M.

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 8
I have a Denon CDR which has been great for copying the audio from DVD concerts (PCM if available), DVD-A & non-hybrid SACD. When using my Elite player as source I often tweak the bass and/or treble from some DVD concerts that sound dull or lack good bass. I use an Aphex 204 processor but a standard 15 or 31 band EQ could also be used.

A dual CDR can be used by itself or also it will record from external analog or digital sources. Remember that "music" CD-R's must be used instead of the less expensive standard type.

For more money ($500+) you can buy "pro" CDR decks from Denon, Marantz, TASCAM, HHB, etc. but most of these are single deck. These offer better build/sound quality and have more features. These also have defeatable Serial Copy Management Systems. You can use standard CD-R/CD-RWs with them.

Before buying the Denon CDR that I now own, I used a Sony dual-deck model (from around 2002) that is equivalent the the current model. It worked fine for the 2 weeks that I had it but I like Denon so I spent twice as much...the Sony is a better value but isn't as pretty.
icon10.gif

Here is the pro version of my Denon CDR.

Apr 13, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 8
For those looking for a manual for their TEAC RW-CD22 you can find it here:

http://www.craigcaldwell.com/TEAC_RW-CD22.pdf

It's a PDF containing scans of the 14 important pages in the English section of the manual...I skipped the useless stuff.  

Enjoy!

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #8 of 8
I used to have two professional Sony CD Recorders,. I wish now I still  had em. For me, dubing CD's or LP's has been easier with this "no computer necessary" approach. Right now, I've got my eye on a TASCAM 901. This professional CD Recorder has functionality galore. You might want to check it out. What's most appealing is the ability to separate tracks without going into a sound editing program as you need to do when converting LP to CD with a computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back