Cd collection pic/talk about size thread
Jan 14, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 22
It'll end up being a pissing contest, imho. Just enjoy what you have.. size isn't everything.

Jan 14, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not just do it..

this...if it doesnt work itll just fall down the pages till its gone from memory and some noobie necrobumps it
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always enjoy seeing pics of them on head-fi so I could judge others collections in relation to my own.

How old are you?

Quote:

Though there may not be enough interest because of the grand amount of stealing but I will leave that up to you guys to decide.

Awfully presumptuous there, don't you think? I'll have you know I paid for all the music I own - well, except for a handful that were given to me by other people.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How old are you?

I'm pretty sure that he's like 15.

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

I am going to make a poll to see what you guys think about creating a thread to post pictures showing your music collections. I always enjoy seeing pics of them on head-fi so I could judge others collections in relation to my own. Though there may not be enough interest because of the grand amount of stealing but I will leave that up to you guys to decide.

Well, you didn't mention whether the collection has to be on shelves or racks or whatever. Anyway, click on the below link for scans to my collection (not everything has been scanned though)

Soundboy's CD/SACD collection

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 22
I don't want to limit anyone just show exactly what you have in your house. My collection of cd's is starting to get large and I am interested in what others have done.

Quote:

Like this?
Post pictures of shelves, racks, ... with collections of your Records, CDs, SACDs, DVD-Audio's, Cassettes, Laser Discs, ....

thanks for the constructive post krmathis

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

How old are you?

Awfully presumptuous there, don't you think? I'll have you know I paid for all the music I own - well, except for a handful that were given to me by other people.

Hold old am I? Does showing a interest in what others have somehow relate to immaturity? If it does I apologize.

In relation to stealing music I never assumed anyone did anything but if I had the ability to get numbers on the amount of music stolen in a year it is sort of laughable. I indeed pay for my music but out of all the head-fiers I speak to on a normal basis many of them get their lossless music from private music torrenting communities. I again apologize for being realistic.

What are you... a troll? Going into a thread that in no way do you need to respond to or have anything to do with and bashing someone for no reason when they didn't attack you in any way would be what would pop the question of "How old are you?"

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It'll end up being a pissing contest, imho. Just enjoy what you have.. size isn't everything.

Everything here is a pissing contest. (+1 post count!11. although having a small post count seems to be the shique thing these days)

If you want to do an interest check, then obviously you are at least interested so why not just make the thread next time? Or just use the one krma posted.

Also jeez, what a rig for a 17 yearold.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

What are you... a troll? Going into a thread that in no way do you need to respond to or have anything to do with and bashing someone for no reason when they didn't attack you in any way would be what would pop the question of "How old are you?"

Who said I was bashing you? It was just a question. Maybe you need to calm down.

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Who said I was bashing you? It was just a question. Maybe you need to calm down.

You said I was being presumptuous for saying that there may not be enough interest because not enough people collect/hold on to cd's when that could very realistically be the reality of the situation. There is no way to know exactly how much music is stolen each year but it is enough to have many musicians as well as the government upset about it so it must be a serious issue aye?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back