CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #3,496 of 3,770
HifiGo also has PLA13 up for order. Nothing on Linsoul. CCA Official Store and CCA Global Store have listed them, but no sales yet. KZ Earphones Franchised Store has 30 sold. Searching on AE for CCA PLA13 brings up nothing.

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #3,497 of 3,770
Called it.

Looks like it uses the ESX style taller face plate, which is logical to be able to house the larger driver.

At least it does have a true Planar magnetic driver and not a larger version of the MST driver like I feared. It's a dual array too so they didn't cheap out there.
This gives it more potential to scale if driven balanced, but I can't be sure until it's tested.

That said, I'm somewhat worried about that bass quantity. Looks less like the recent CCA and more like old school KZ. The treble doesn't look bad though, good extension and the quantity might be needed to balance out the bass a bit. Until there are some reviews out there, it's hard to say for certain how good or bad it is. Definitely is more of a "fun" IEM than a neutral one that's for sure.

I'll probably get it as there is a AE sale coming up in a few days. Due to the value of the euro dropping of a cliff and the included taxes it about €80,- atm for me. The discount with some extra coupons and coins should lower that nicely.

Edit: Spelling

I got to admit, if that lower sub-bass according to the graph sounds even deeper than my limited Zeos edition LetShuoer Z12 bass? Then, I'm definitely going to get the CCA PLA13! Once I get the PLA13, I will post some impressions on both...!:thumbsup:

LetShuoer Z12 vs S12.jpg
Letshuoer Z12.jpg

Out of 500 made, I'm number 335 riding high!

-Clear

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #3,498 of 3,770
I got to admit, if that lower sub-bass according to the graph sounds even deeper than my limited Zeos edition LetShuoer Z12 bass? Then, I'm definitely going to get the CCA PLA13! Once I get the PLA13, I will post some impressions on both...!:thumbsup:

LetShuoer Z12 vs S12.jpg
Letshuoer Z12.jpg Out of 500 made, I'm number 335 riding high!

-Clear
Its planar so hopefully its not going to muddied the bass response.

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #3,500 of 3,770

LetShuoer Z12 vs S12.jpg
Letshuoer Z12.jpg

Out of 500 made, I'm number 335 riding high!

-Clear
Assuming that the graph provided for the PLA13 isn't BS. And taking into consideration the measurements were on different rigs. That 2.5 kHz peak and pina gain looks remarkably similar to the Z12. The increase in the sub-bass looks pretty linear with no increase above 100Hz. Given the treble extension looks good too. It may just turn out to be more V shaped than the others. How that pans out in the flesh, remains to be seen.

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #3,502 of 3,770
I suppose they haven't sold the PLA 13 yet, though. Or am I wrong? There's been a link on Aliexpress for a few days now, but I guess no one is physically holding them...
Mine were dispatched yesterday, they are apparently at the sorting center in Shatian Town. I'm sure review samples would have gone out earlier.

Aug 21, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #3,505 of 3,770
'd like to know the difference to Shuoer S12, for example...
If their graph is accurate, it will have more bass (similar to Z12). Pina gain similar to S12, it may be shouty. Everything falls off slowly after 2.5 kHz and extends nicely into treble. No excessive peaks or dips. All planars are good at resolution but this is first effort from KZ/CCA and it's really cheap. Planars seem to be more effected by burn in, so take initial impressions with a pinch of salt too. Graph don't tell the whole story anyway. So even if reviewers have it now, allow another week.

Aug 22, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #3,507 of 3,770
OK, Where is the best deal at the moment? Linsoul?
Pricing for CCA PLA13 at the Linsoul site appears to be the same price as everywhere else $65. KZ Earphones Franchised Store had a $14 coupon for followers. Others may have coupons too. The Linsoul store on AE (DD-Audio Store) have the highest price at $90.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #3,508 of 3,770
Does anyone have any mods for the wooly bass of the lyra or is there something wrong with my unit?

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #3,509 of 3,770
Pricing for CCA PLA13 at the Linsoul site appears to be the same price as everywhere else $65. KZ Earphones Franchised Store had a $14 coupon for followers. Others may have coupons too. The Linsoul store on AE (DD-Audio Store) have the highest price at $90.

They’re $53US on most of the stores on AX right now. I happen to have a spare TRN T2 Pro cable with the correct connector for those weird extended two pin connections, so I went for a set. At that price it almost begs to be compared to my (swiftly growing) planar collection. Fingers crossed. That graph looks pretty good to me, assuming it bears any resemblance to the actual signature.

Aug 23, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #3,510 of 3,770
They’re $53US on most of the stores on AX right now. I happen to have a spare TRN T2 Pro cable with the correct connector for those weird extended two pin connections, so I went for a set. At that price it almost begs to be compared to my (swiftly growing) planar collection. Fingers crossed. That graph looks pretty good to me, assuming it bears any resemblance to the actual signature.
Excuse me, what is AX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back