CB03 or other LODS; how's the performance?
Oct 31, 2009 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cravenz

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered in the CB03 from iBasso to work with the D10, I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding different LOD usage and whether the LOD provided by iBasso was good enough or should I be looking at other models?

Cheers

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 5
They're all pretty much the same. I don't think one is going to perform better than the other. I have read on the forums that the different wire choices of copper, silver etc. can affect the sound by making it warmer or brighter etc.

Also depending on the phone, the LOD isn't going to make much of difference. With my IEM's I prefer to use the headphone jack vs. the LOD with my cans. It's all about what sounds good to you...

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered in the CB03 from iBasso to work with the D10, I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding different LOD usage and whether the LOD provided by iBasso was good enough or should I be looking at other models?

Cheers

Wouldn't it have been more logical to post this question before you ordered the CB03?

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Couldn't resist the jab, ...sold the iPhone 3G to a friend after I bought an Android G1, which sounds better IMHO, and with Cyanogen's MOD ROM, has 16-bit FLAC playback currently? Using Meridian Player personally, for folder view.

ON to the iBasso CB01...

It is a 4" flat cable terminated with gold-plated Pallics connectors that is quite the thing to behold visually. The wires are braided copper, and silver-plated so its a best-of-both-worlds affair (someone mentioned Jena Cable when discussing them with me, but I don't know what that is yet) the sheaths are pearly white except for one which is a pearly baby electric blue. Very chic!

Sound:

It stands up quite well. After tons of burn in I often pick this one even over my arguably more rounded sounding and higher quality build Moon Audio Black Dragon 6" with Neutrik connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back