Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Apr 17, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #2,465 of 2,518
Thanks, how’s the single-ended line out by chance? I understand it’s solid state only, makes sense, just wondering how it fairs as a source.
I can't remember if I ever actually used either line out. Sorry. It's an excellent DAP. I would have kept it if I could stream via wifi, but wifi is only for firmware updates. I'm a big Qobuz listener.

Apr 18, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #2,468 of 2,518
Thanks, how’s the single-ended line out by chance? I understand it’s solid state only, makes sense, just wondering how it fairs as a source.
I found it fine. Went into a Yamaha mixing station then into floor-standing speakers in a dance studio. It worked reliably and is nicely tuned. It was driven by my wife’s iPhone over AAC, which worked from a vast distance.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #2,469 of 2,518
Greetings Mop: I have (and almost exclusively) use this a source running through my amp, (Nitsch-Schiit). In the 3.5mm line out using a 3.5mm into a split rca adapter cable. Sounds pretty darn good with the line-out...Hope this helps a bit.

Apr 20, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #2,470 of 2,518
Depends on your phone setting, I didn't get prompt on my Samsung A71 to N3Pro or RU6, but they both play alright, but my Neutron App will kick in when I connect them to my Samsung S20. As I mentioned in previous post, the N3Pro will display the DAC screen when connected. If your N3Pro didn't display the USB DAC screen but remain in normal playback screen, that probably means it was not recognised properly. Can you please check the notification centre of your phone to confirm whether your Pixel detected the N3Pro as a storage device or as a DAC when connected?

Have you installed Cayin USB Audio Device Driver in your window laptop?
@CayinSupport I have the N3Pro as well as the N8ii and I haven’t used the N3Pro in a while but today I tried to get it working and the tube won’t turn on. It doesn’t allow me to choose from transistor and triode as well. I touch those icons from the drop down menu and they don’t toggle on or off. Any suggestions? Thx

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #2,471 of 2,518
@CayinSupport I have the N3Pro as well as the N8ii and I haven’t used the N3Pro in a while but today I tried to get it working and the tube won’t turn on. It doesn’t allow me to choose from transistor and triode as well. I touch those icons from the drop down menu and they don’t toggle on or off. Any suggestions? Thx
Are you using the balanced output or the single ended?

Apr 20, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #2,472 of 2,518
Tube modes won't work with balanced.output.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #2,475 of 2,518
Realise this might have already been asked, apologies if it has, my search-fu is lacking.

Is scan music the only way to for new albums to show up? I buy a new album once or twice a month and it would be ideal if I could just add that album to the index, rather than scanning the entire card.

Thanks in advance - long time owner and user - love the simplicity and the sound, made a conscious decision to 'downgrade' from an android based A&K player (SP1000M) and very much enjoy having a device that feels like it will never need to be updated - it is what it is and it's all that I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back