Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon 2.0 - Owners Impressions
Mar 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #121 of 233
I was under the impression that minimal sound at the lowest volume was considered normal for those with sensitive headphones. It's not a huge deal, but I think my 2.0 unit has the same issue. Probably won't send it in unless something else major went wrong.

Definitely too many QC issues for an objectively expensive piece of electronics.

I also get a tiny bit of sound when my volume knob is turned all the way down on my LC2. When I emailed them about it, they told me this was normal. Though like someone else had mentioned, I've never experienced this with any other amp before. But it's so quiet that it doesn't really bother me.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #122 of 233
I also get a tiny bit of sound when my volume knob is turned all the way down on my LC2. When I emailed them about it, they told me this was normal. Though like someone else had mentioned, I've never experienced this with any other amp before. But it's so quiet that it doesn't really bother me.
I only hear a faint whisper of sound at 3x gain. Non-issue to me.

The amp really pairs well with the Ether C Flow. Smooth high detail with fun low end. Couldn't be happier with the synergy.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #123 of 233
I'm listening to Lightin' Hopkins (D3,/Eight Classic Albums), LC2 / Focal Elear, and the way they sound together, I wouldn't trade away either...sweet music.    The LC2 is almost broken in and wow; the Elear is also close. Much joy still ahead.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #124 of 233
Can anyone tell me how does this amp pair with the LCD 3?

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #125 of 233
Hey Guys- still trying to find a dac under $600 to pair w/my LC 2.0  and I've read many great reviews about the Chord Mojo and the Emotiva Stealth DC-1.I will be using it mostly with my ZMF Ori,Blackwood,Sennheiser HD 600 etc.Anyone have experience with both of those dacs paired w/the liquid Carbon?They are equally priced and am not concerned w/size -just sound.Any input is greatly appreciated.Tx!!

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #126 of 233
  Hey Guys- still trying to find a dac under $600 to pair w/my LC 2.0  and I've read many great reviews about the Chord Mojo and the Emotiva Stealth DC-1.I will be using it mostly with my ZMF Ori,Blackwood,Sennheiser HD 600 etc.Anyone have experience with both of those dacs paired w/the liquid Carbon?They are equally priced and am not concerned w/size -just sound.Any input is greatly appreciated.Tx!!

What is the point of pairing a Chord Mojo with a Liquid Carbon? a Chord Mojo has an excellent headphone output. I would not be surprised if you get a better sound straight out of a Mojo than you would by going through another set of cables and a liquid Carbon. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #127 of 233

What is the point of pairing a Chord Mojo with a Liquid Carbon? a Chord Mojo has an excellent headphone output. I would not be surprised if you get a better sound straight out of a Mojo than you would by going through another set of cables and a liquid Carbon. 

Does the Mojo facilitate balanced headphones?

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #129 of 233
Apr 6, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #130 of 233
  No mojo is SE only. That adapter converts the balanced configuration of the headphone to SE.

I use my Mojo with balanced headphones with an adapter. It works very well. You can buy such adapters ready made. It is not rocket science. The Mojo is SE, but it can drive balanced headphones, as can any single ended headphone amp.

Apr 6, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #131 of 233

No mojo is SE only. That adapter converts the balanced configuration of the headphone to SE.

I use my Mojo with balanced headphones with an adapter. It works very well. You can buy such adapters ready made. It is not rocket science. The Mojo is SE, but it can drive balanced headphones, as can any single ended headphone amp.

I am not saying that the mojo can't drive balanced headphones, I am saying that if you are Mojo with a balanced headphone/headphone cable+adapter, there's no use getting the balanced config/wire and you might as well get the SE config.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #134 of 233
I'm considering getting a mojo to pair with my LC 2.0, has anyone compared the mojo against a Burson Conductor V1 9018?

The Mojo IS a headphone amplifier. Why would you want to daisy chain it with another headphone amplifier? The only rational reason I can see is that you want to introduce some pleasant distortion, like the kind a tube amp will (in that case get a tube amp). What is it about the LC that will make it and another pair of interconnects sound better than a straight Mojo? Is it possible that you intend to use a multi hundred $ device in a role where it achieves less than nothing?

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #135 of 233
I'm considering getting a mojo to pair with my LC 2.0, has anyone compared the mojo against a Burson Conductor V1 9018?

Mojo works very well as a source for the LC. My friend uses it as a source for his LC.
His setups is
Mojo->LC->Ether Flow/HD800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back