Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon 2.0 - Owners Impressions
Feb 16, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #77 of 233
Guys,

I have Chord Hugo and was going to get LC2, btw. it is still available from Cavalli, but after reading the post below, perhaps I misunderstood, but I do not see any real gain of adding another Amp to Hugo’s Amp, essentially Bi Amping it, for sure it would change the Hugo’s Signature sound if I may say…

Link for the Post #1836
http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/1830#post_10459450

I do not know what to think any more, I have been I Hi-Fi on and off for more the 40 years, and now I am like someone purred a cold water on me and am not going to add LC2 to my Hugo, if I do not have Hugo, but rather 2Qute then adding some other Amp in the picture would be interesting to listen to...

And Guys please… I am not starting any war here on LC2, just want to share information and see what is your take on this…

Respectfully,
Misha

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #78 of 233
Guys,

I have Chord Hugo and was going to get LC2, btw. it is still available from Cavalli, but after reading the post below, perhaps I misunderstood, but I do not see any real gain of adding another Amp to Hugo’s Amp, essentially Bi Amping it, for sure it would change the Hugo’s Signature sound if I may say…

Link for the Post #1836

I do not know what to think any more, I have been I Hi-Fi on and off for more the 40 years, and now I am like someone purred a cold water on me and am not going to add LC2 to my Hugo, if I do not have Hugo, but rather 2Qute then adding some other Amp in the picture would be interesting to listen to...

And Guys please… I am not starting any war here on LC2, just want to share information and see what is your take on this…

Respectfully,

Misha

I would take that thread on head case with grain of salt. Infact everyone in that thread sound like salty kids, and from what I was told some of the guys in that thread make and sell their own amps, and through my research the only notable thing I found regarding issues with the LC is the balance issues that you may or may not get. I don't own a LC yet and have been tossing up getting one or not. Apparently they are fantastic

but I just got a mojo as well and so far that meets most of my needs.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #79 of 233
Guys,

Link for the Post #1836

Respectfully,
Misha

Forgot to add this on adding Cavalli to Hugo, please read post #8063

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/8055

Thanks,
Misha

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #80 of 233
I would take that thread on head case with grain of salt. Infact everyone in that thread sound like salty kids, and from what I was told some of the guys in that thread make and sell their own amps, and through my research the only notable thing I found regarding issues with the LC is the balance issues that you may or may not get. I don't own a LC yet and have been tossing up getting one or not. Apparently they are fantastic

but I just got a mojo as well and so far that meets most of my needs.

I appreciate the comment and I do take it with a lot of salt and have no intention to buy anyof DIY from head-case forums, most of my Amps, Pre-Amps,Speakers, Turntables came from UK Designers, they do have tradition and reputation, not that there not other excellent sound designers around the Globe, just my take... 

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #81 of 233
Forgot to add this on adding Cavalli to Hugo, please read post #8063

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/8055

Thanks,
Misha

I used my Hugo for over 2 years now and tried with many amps and ending up not buying any of them because the resulting sound was less engaging than the Hugo's.
After buying the Ether C Flow and reading how well they match with the LC I bought the LC 2.0 and gave it a try.
I am really enjoying the combo,
It's the first time that the addition of an amp to the Hugo sounds better to my years.
I'm not sure if the pairing with the Ether is the magic part but the bottom line is that I love it and I would suggest you to give it a try.

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #82 of 233
Hello,

Where did the folks with LC 2.0 ordered the unit from?

Direct from the factory, Cavalli?

Or, from the 3rd party?

I'm thinking of getting this LC 2.0, and seems like ordering from factory directly has ~6 months lead time, as i'm reading some LC 1.0 owner feedback's on the lead time?

Also, sort of subjective question to the owners of LC 2.0.

I currently do not have dedicated outboard balanced headphone amp.

My current headphone amps are part of the DAC units that are,

a) OPPO HA-1
b) Mytek Brooklyn DAC
c) Chord HUGO

, with headphones being,

a) OPPO HA-1, HA-3
b) Focal Elear

Reason i'm looking at LC 2.0 mainly, is that on the horizon, i would like to possibly get the Sennheiser HD800S, which i believe is at 300 ohm.

Reading various posts, neither OPPO HA-1 nor Mytek Brooklyn DAC would be happy driving 300 ohm HD800S, though i believe you can when set to higher gain setting on each of these units.  And some folks seem to indicate they are content with such operating modes.

And i've looked at ALO CDM as an outboard balanced headphone amp, at 2x the price of LC 2.0, and with built-in DAC, which is extra for me, but don't need.

So, i'm wondering if LC 2.0, would be more of lateral move from above DAC/headphone units?

Or, more than just an incremental improvement, when putting HD800S into perspective?

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #83 of 233
I used my Hugo for over 2 years now and tried with many amps and ending up not buying any of them because the resulting sound was less engaging than the Hugo's.
After buying the Ether C Flow and reading how well they match with the LC I bought the LC 2.0 and gave it a try.
I am really enjoying the combo,
It's the first time that the addition of an amp to the Hugo sounds better to my years.
I'm not sure if the pairing with the Ether is the magic part but the bottom line is that I love it and I would suggest you to give it a try.

i heard from a few diff people that the ether and LC pair very well together, and i have to say that they were right. there's some magical quality with these 2 together, and i feel that it comes through even more using a balanced cable. 

with all that said it could easily be a placebo effect. but i love it all nonetheless 

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #84 of 233
Quote:
  i heard from a few diff people that the ether and LC pair very well together, and i have to say that they were right. there's some magical quality with these 2 together, and i feel that it comes through even more using a balanced cable. 

with all that said it could easily be a placebo effect. but i love it all nonetheless 

I'm pairing the LC 2.0 with a new Focal Elear and a Bifrost Multibit and I love the sound.  I'm currently using the stock cable, but I just sent off a balanced cable (HD650) to have the cans ends re-terminated for the Elear.  I've heard that with the LC, balanced is the way to go.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #85 of 233
  Quote:
I'm pairing the LC 2.0 with a new Focal Elear and a Bifrost Multibit and I love the sound.  I'm currently using the stock cable, but I just sent off a balanced cable (HD650) to have the cans ends re-terminated for the Elear.  I've heard that with the LC, balanced is the way to go.

same here w/ the balanced; using a non-balanced DAC and it still seems to be quite an upgrade to go w/ balanced out

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #89 of 233
  Quote:

How have you found the pairing of the Elear and the LC?  Been thinking of picking the Elear  up to pair with my LC.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #90 of 233
  How have you found the pairing of the Elear and the LC?  Been thinking of picking the Elear  up to pair with my LC.

If you like the LC you'll love how they pair.  The LC might be end game enough.  I've had the Elear for about three weeks so they're hardly broken in, but they handle everything I've thrown at it.  Heck, I don't think my LC is broken in yet either.  Instead of listening to whole albums like I used to, I find myself jumping around so I can listen to how this album or that album sounds, and then after a song or two, I'm off again to listen to another one.  Currently, I'm using the stock Elear SE cable, using low gain, and my LC volume is usually between 9 and 10 o'clock.  As I write this I'm listening to Bob Marley's Catch a Fire, and the LC has got the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back