Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire is finally here
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 349

dBel84

Cavalli Tinkerer at large
As one who has been listening to this amp for nearly a year, it is with no small amount of celebration that I post here to let you all know that Alex Cavalli has finally released his first production amp. There were times that I thought the entire endeavor would collapse into itself and that the prospect of his amps being available to other people would be all but lost with only a few of the DIY projects persisting. Well the first official review of the Liquid Fire is out today . I am a bit disappointed as it infers that my amp is not as good as the final production amp but I can assure you that I have never been happier with my headphone rig and listen to it daily with a satisfied smirk plastered to my face. I listen only via orthodynamic headphones ( tougher to drive than the HE6 ) so this amp has more than enough power for those who need it but I know that it was mostly tested with the Audio Technica AD2000 which would indicate a fine match for low imdepance headphones too. 

How does it sound - sublime. 

..dB

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 349
Thanks for the link man!  I've been emailing Alex and am in on the subscription, so this is pretty exciting.  It will be fun to have the production model next to the Stacker.  :)

And you can always come visit us again in the rainy NW to listen to the production model when I get it. 
wink_face.gif
  And unfortunately, I don't really feel sorry for you and your "pre-prod" amp because I know that you must have some other crazy stuff.  LOL

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 349
a HUGE congrats to Alex and i hope he reaps the commercial success he deserves.  what a gorgeous amp.  i also would like to thank Alex and dBel for all of their contributions to DIY.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 349
This is the production version of the amp featured with the LCD-2 at CanJam 2010, and more listening impressions are posted in the CJ2010 thread.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 349
I ordered mine last week!  Should have it end of May, early June.

Apr 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 349
That's certainly a beautiful offering Donald! My emphasis now is back where I started...two channel Audio. Also, I no longer have a need to continue the amp quest for Headphones, using the Peak/Volcano.

BUT....I wouldn't turn down an audition
wink_face.gif

May 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #14 of 349
I just want to say... I heard the prototype of this at CanJam, and I've heard the original EHHA and balanced EHHA, and the new Liquid Fire is my dream amp.  Highly recommended to anyone that can afford it.

(Unfortunately that's not me right now.)

The cans I've heard with it are the LCD-2, the HD800, Grado RS1, and my own Grado SR225.  They all were excellent.  I heard the balanced EHHA with K1000's, and that was a great match too.  This is a very versatile amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back