cautious about breaking in dt990/660
Jan 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xozz

Head-Fier
Hi, I just had a quick question about burning in my new dt990/600 cans. Yes, I've used the search function and done a lot of reading about how to burn in and appropriate levels, I just wanted to reassure myself I'm not overlooking something that might damage the drivers. I've had them burning in with pink noise for about 4 hours now at a volume level that is uncomfortably above my personal volume level (not painful though). I'm running them straight from my laptop, and I'm kind of going along the assumption that it would be extremely difficult to blow the 600 ohm drivers with just laptop power. Are breaks from the constant pink noise needed? Should I alternate to listening-level volumes of music? Thanks...and sorry for putting up another one of these. 

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Just listen to music and enjoy your phones. If you are going to use pink noise, then I would give the drivers a break every couple hours. I would also lower the volume to listening level.

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Just put the things on an enjoy them.  It's debatable about whether burn in is real or not.  Most manufacturers deny it does anything.  I'm inclined to believe that any burn in people do hear is simply their brain becoming accustomed to the new sound signature.  So do yourself a favor and don't sweat the burn in process.  If burn in is real it will take place even with your silly head between the pads listening at normal volumes.  Enjoy your new headphones!!!  
beyersmile.png

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Just put the things on an enjoy them.  It's debatable about whether burn in is real or not.  Most manufacturers deny it does anything.  I'm inclined to believe that any burn in people do hear is simply their brain becoming accustomed to the new sound signature.  So do yourself a favor and don't sweat the burn in process.  If burn in is real it will take place even with your silly head between the pads listening at normal volumes.  Enjoy your new headphones!!!  
beyersmile.png

what he said. IF burn in is real what would be the problem with letting them burn in over time on your head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back