Cat-Fi
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #362 of 1,408
I respectfully disagree.  If a food bank can give an animal a home instead of being euthanized, it's better off.  I also think people are happier with a pet.

I respectfully agree, Uncle Erik :smile: My dog makes me much happier and it's always good for a pet to have a home than rather be euthanized, unless of course that animal is in such a bad condition that it needs to be put out of its misery, then the scenario changes.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #363 of 1,408
I just don't wanna get into one when I can barely feed myself, lol. One day though.

i can barely even feed myself sometimes but i always make sure they have a bag of cat food. i don't mind eating noodles,pasta and peanut butter all the time. kinda like having kids. teaches you how to take responsibilities and learn to make sacrifices when needed. depending how many cats you have a big 13lb bag for around 10 bucks will go long way. don't need to be buying fancy cat food or anything. sharing people food is not bad thing sometimes if you can. people food won't harm them.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #364 of 1,408
You sure about people food and cats? I know it can definitely make dogs sick after a while.

Quote:
i can barely even feed myself sometimes but i always make sure they have a bag of cat food. i don't mind eating noodles,pasta and peanut butter all the time. kinda like having kids. teaches you how to take responsibilities and learn to make sacrifices when needed. depending how many cats you have a big 13lb bag for around 10 bucks will go long way. don't need to be buying fancy cat food or anything. sharing people food is not bad thing sometimes if you can. people food won't harm them.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #365 of 1,408
depends what you give them. meat obviously isn't a bad thing. giving them like junk food can make them sick. things like rice too is okay to give them. i knew my one cat loved cooler ranch diritos lol. just common sense is all you need when choosing food.

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #366 of 1,408

Quote:
depends what you give them. meat obviously isn't a bad thing. giving them like junk food can make them sick. things like rice too is okay to give them. i knew my one cat loved cooler ranch diritos lol. just common sense is all you need when choosing food.

Our cats get sick if I give them any raw meat. Last time we gave them some raw minced meat and they puked for two weeks.

They're pretty sensitive I guess. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #367 of 1,408
My cat will eat string cheese and likes to lick my popcorn but he can never pick up a piece off the table when offered so I don't anymore. I assume string cheese is junk food as the more cheese the more constipation and that's humans what about such small digestional systems? ... I only do that every once in a while so yeah...

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #369 of 1,408
Quote:
Quote:
I just don't wanna get into one when I can barely feed myself, lol. One day though.

I agree it teaches you how to take responsibilities & make sacrifices, especially after large surgery/treatment bills from the vet! I however disagree on the food aspect: cats are very sensitive animals, & although they might seem to take ordinary cat food or human food quite well, they will have health issues in their old age if not given an appropriate diet.
I have found that out the hard way.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #370 of 1,408
Our cats get sick if I give them any raw meat. Last time we gave them some raw minced meat and they puked for two weeks.

They're pretty sensitive I guess. 

no raw meat! i never gave a cat raw meat before. i gave them cooked meat sometimes(not all the time). just make sure it has nothing added like any spices or anything. spices are not good for them.

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #371 of 1,408
I agree it teaches you how to take responsibilities & make sacrifices, especially after large surgery/treatment bills from the vet! I however disagree on the food aspect: cats are very sensitive animals, & although they might seem to take ordinary cat food or human food quite well, they will have health issues in their old age if not given an appropriate diet.
I have found that out the hard way.

well i don't give them people food all the time. maybe sometimes like piece of left over turkey or sometimes i let them have some tuna(the stuff with water. i know the one with the oil is bad to give). they eat regular cat food most of the time always but usually sometimes i just give in and give them a piece whatever i eat sometimes.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #372 of 1,408
Desert animals they are quite tough by nature. My picture of cats is that they can tolerate a lot they are really not that sensitive. Takes way way more for my cats to get a cold or anything it appears. You see them sneeze once or twice a year or so which is amazing since they are out in any weather more or less and wounds heal in no time.

Except for rat, birds etc minch meat they get all nutty about. Especially when younger they could eat so they could hardly walk but they never got sick of it. I don´t spoil them though so it´s not often and limited amount. Afraid of more hunger strike periods otherwise from that disgusting cat food of theirs. Fresh elk is a feast as well. Chicken only one cat really likes. The guy eat it with bones and all. Perhaps some male macho thing. Fish they all like to smell but none thing it´s even worth a taste.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #373 of 1,408
Desert animals they are quite tough by nature. My picture of cats is that they can tolerate a lot they are really not that sensitive. Takes way way more for my cats to get a cold or anything it appears. You see them sneeze once or twice a year or so which is amazing since they are out in any weather more or less and wounds heal in no time.

Except for rat, birds etc minch meat they get all nutty about. Especially when younger they could eat so they could hardly walk but they never got sick of it. I don´t spoil them though so it´s not often and limited amount. Afraid of more hunger strike periods otherwise from that disgusting cat food of theirs. Fresh elk is a feast as well. Chicken only one cat really likes. The guy eat it with bones and all. Perhaps some male macho thing. Fish they all like to smell but none thing it´s even worth a taste.

chicken is good. i think though some of my cats are vegans lol. i have couple don't like any meat really. i know cats are very adaptable like people but cats have no issues with eating random stuff cause their saliva acts like an anti-body and cats, and other animals produce their own vitamin C. people have to receive vitamin C through food. we can't make our own. we do make our own hydron peroxide though what i find interesting.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #374 of 1,408
My cat Athena when she was 5-6 weeks old:

(I play classical guitar--hence the long nails!)

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #375 of 1,408

Quote:
no raw meat! i never gave a cat raw meat before. i gave them cooked meat sometimes(not all the time). just make sure it has nothing added like any spices or anything. spices are not good for them.

Yup, we tried both. Cooked and raw. Like ten years ago we had another cat which liked them both a lot. New cats don't. 

Only cat food now and they seem satisfied. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back