Cases suitable for carrying around CIEMs?
Dec 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

HideousPride

Member of the Trade: Worthy Audio
Because the one I have is freakishly huge and is awful to lug around. Up to now, I've been wrapping the CIEM up in a silk handkerchief and just carrying them in my coat jacket, but I would prefer to have something small and accessible that offers more protection.

Been looking at this case on Amazon, and it looks really nice: http://www.amazon.com/Case-Star-Black-Earphone-Earbuds/dp/B007P0MSA8/

Just wondering if CIEMs fit in there (looks a bit cramped), or if anyone has other recommendations.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 27
Thanks. Do you mean the Monitor Vault? A couple options showed up after Googling and it was the one that most appealed to me. Found a few images of people fitting their customs inside, so will likely go with this one for peace of mind.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 27
Thanks. Do you mean the Monitor Vault? A couple options showed up after Googling and it was the one that most appealed to me. Found a few images of people fitting their customs inside, so will likely go with this one for peace of mind.
Yes that one best case for all iem even u have dropped your ciem from 6-7 foots of your height nothing will happen to your ciem worth buying is made of steel

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #5 of 27
The westone case looks like a rebadged otterbox 2000 or a variant to me. The otterbox cases are great for carrying around IEMs. Waterproof, crushproof and dropproof. The 2000 or 3000 size would easily carry a custom, even including an additional cable.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 27
Hi Tangster,

I believe my current case is an Otterbox. The indestructability is nice, but the case is incredibly long in length. Would prefer something that slips easily into a messenger bag without taking up much space, hence trying to find a replacement.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:
Hi Tangster,

I believe my current case is an Otterbox. The indestructability is nice, but the case is incredibly long in length. Would prefer something that slips easily into a messenger bag without taking up much space, hence trying to find a replacement.

The Otterbox 1000 is about the size of a point and shoot camera(one of the low end AA battery ones) and should still comfortably fit a single pair of customs. Just check the length specs before buying. How large if your current one?

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 27
Almost 100% certain it's the 2K, as it's the same size as the old Heir Audio Otterbox. Just a little too much on the bulky side for my taste. The Otterbox 1K actually looks much more reasonably sized.

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:
Almost 100% certain it's the 2K, as it's the same size as the old Heir Audio Otterbox. Just a little too much on the bulky side for my taste. The Otterbox 1K actually looks much more reasonably sized.

Thanks!

The Otterbox 1000 is still pretty large. The Westone Vault case is probably not an Otterbox clone, it's much smaller (in fact smaller than I thought it'd be). If it's big enough, it'll be perfect for your CIEMs, but I don't know if it'll fit.

Personally, but favorite case is the UE case. It's the small carrying case at this link: http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories

It's changed a bit, but I think it's still the same as the one packaged with the TF10.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 27
I have spent quite a bit of money on my search for the perfect pocket size CIEM case.

I have tried the UE steel one, too small,  the  Westone zip up one, not solid enough, the Westone vault x 2 . The catches keep snapping off in my backpack, The otterbox 1000, too big and you will break a finger off trying to open it !!

The latest UM one is OK, but, you have to lay the CIEM's in just right and roll up the cable just right, and then close the lid and make sure you are not nipping the cable !!,

I just got a 2 oz tobacco tin and its looking good, but still a a bit bigger than i would like. The 1 oz is smaller, but not enough height.

If you believe in God ( any god) Could you point me in the right direction for my next feeble attempt at finding the perfect one ??.

You would think that 1 of the many CIEM companies would get it right. ;0

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 27
I have a few of these brainwavs cases. Perfect for a pair of CIEM's, cable, cleaning tool. I also keep a dissecant package in there to control humidity. I got them from mp4 nation. I'm not sure who else sells them, probably easy to find.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #12 of 27
same here, 2 small desiccant packs ( those little things do not like moisture ) and a cleaning tool.

Whats the dimensions of the brainwavz ?

I just went to MP4nation website and the case looks slightly bigger than I would like. Is it solid enough ? It comes down to, is it pocket sized and still big enough to not squash them, but at $6 its a bargain. It would cost me another 20 to get it sent to Scotland though !

Next time your in Scotland, maybe you can bring me one over. :) I could stretch to 8$ + $1000 for your flight. (economy class) :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 27
Whats the dimensions of the brainwavz ?

I just went to MP4nation website and the case looks slightly bigger than I would like but at $6 its a bargain. It would cost me another 20 to get it sent to Scotland though !

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic, but in the interest of an answer...it's about 2.5 x 3.5 inches exterior, about 1.75 thick. Small enough. An iPod shuffle fits in nicely for a fully contained highly portable set.

Keep an eye out on mp4 nation, they were on sale when I bought them for $3, can't remember shipping cost but it was reasonable for buying multiples.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 27
That looks a perfect size and thanks V much for the pics, your a Gent. I cannot get that case in the UK. I ordered a couple of alternative in my endless search, We shall see how they turn out. :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #15 of 27
How about this?  Essentially free...practically indestructible...infinitely customizable...undeniably hip.

Seriously...some self stick felt cloth for about $4.00 and you can make a half dozen or so of these.  Save the silica gel desiccant packs (remember...don't eat them)...instant storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back