Case for JVC HA-RX700?
Nov 6, 2008 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
Just trying to keep them safe at home. And keep the wire under control.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. Also, keep in mind there's that wiggly tube thing at the bottom of the left earcup that keeps the wire going downward. I don't want that to break or really have any pressure on it, so a case with a way to keep this from contacting anything would be great.

Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to keep putting them on top of my dresser. The only real problems are excessive amounts of dust flying around and moisture in the air after showers (bathroom is connected to my room, have to keep the bathroom door open afterward to let it air out). If you can't help me find a case, maybe you could at least give me some ideas for safer storage?

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 6
Many views, zero replies.

This could help others with these cans as well, you know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 6
I protect my AD700s from kitten claws and teeth in a $6 latching-lid Sterilite plastic bin that I got at Target.

Just lay a foam pad on the inside and stick a few non-skid rubber feet on the underside and you're good to go.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 6
Perfect! Thank you!

Or maybe I could somehow use the child-sized box full of crumpled paper that they came in...

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #6 of 6
look, these things are tough. It takes a rhino standing on these things to even get a dent, but if you're going for ultimate protection, why not stuff 'em in a used Senn box or any other high end box. I am talking about the fancy boxes that come with the high end phones, and are often sold seperately due to the cost to ship them with the original phones. See the local dealer to see what Im talking about, quite often these boxes are sitting around and the phones are sold in ugly blister packs, leaving nice mahogany boxes unused. Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back