Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #541 of 2,737
Mar 8, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #542 of 2,737
Anyone, Sony Z7 comparison to the Cascade?
I know - I have asked before, but no one has responded... Hopefully, more Cascades are in use since and maybe someone already owns the Z7 and can compare the two.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #543 of 2,737
So. Damn. Listenable.

There is just something about this headphone that begs to be used in all my daily affairs:
- Bass boosting the deadlift reps in the workout routine
- Snuggling under my bass blanket in bed watching Netflix
- Providing IT support with bass and a smile at the office

I’m thinking the Cascade is the perfect hi-fi companion for my favorite recreational pastime: spelunking. I’m sure Ken and company already tried that in their QC testing =)

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #544 of 2,737
Review article on Major HiFi comparing Cascade against Aeon closed back:
http://majorhifi.com/campfire-audio...low-closed-back-headphones-comparison-review/
Different is right. It's like comparing a huge meatball sub with a caesar salad.

The sound is huge. It's like being inside a closet with a pair of Wilson Audio loudspeakers. Rich. Vast. The key is to start at a low volume setting, adjust to the signature, then gradually bring it up to taste. Once you become accustomed, you will hear full detail on a rich robust foundation. On balanced recordings that is. Anything overblown in the bottom end will be overbearing.

However, I find you have to "reacquaint" yourself a bit each time you go back to them. And if you go back to other headphones and readjust to them, you will have to start all over when you go back to the Cascade.

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #545 of 2,737
She has arrived :jecklinsmile:

negobk.jpg

15hycw.jpg

ws07rs.jpg

Shout out to Headphone Bar in Vancouver for the nice Campfire Audio t-shirt. Great guys :raised_hands:

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #546 of 2,737
She has arrived :jecklinsmile:
Shout out to Headphone Bar in Vancouver for the nice Campfire Audio t-shirt. Great guys :raised_hands:
Congrats!! And nice t-shirt!!!

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #548 of 2,737
Currently listening to the Cascade through an ALO Continental V5 - unsurprisingly, they pair VERY nicely together.

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #549 of 2,737
Received my Cascade 3 hours ago and love the sound. Can someone listen to Art Blakey -Moanin remastered and tell me if there’s something wrong?
Listening to The madness of many by Animals as Leaders

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #550 of 2,737
Received my Cascade 3 hours ago and love the sound. Can someone listen to Art Blakey -Moanin remastered and tell me if there’s something wrong?
Listening to The madness of many by Animals as Leaders

I'm at work, and just listened to Art Blakey - Moanin via Tidal Master, thanks for the introduction, very nice and sounds good on my Etymotics. I'll try with my cascades this evening and let you know if it sounds odd.

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #551 of 2,737
Well, I was like you. But believe me. Cascade is a different beast. They will transform themselves into something ridiculously good. After 200+ hours, bloated bass became thick and strong but well controlled bass. Also treble extends better with burn in. Of course, the gross picture of the sound signature remains the same (meaty, thick, lush, organic, energetic, etc.). But the balance gets better and better with burn in.
I was a total burn in skeptic... but I figured I'd trust the guy who designed them and be buggered if it doesn't make a significant difference. These cascades are becoming my favorite headphones full stop - I like Kens take on sound :)

Mar 9, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #552 of 2,737
I was a total burn in skeptic... but I figured I'd trust the guy who designed them and be buggered if it doesn't make a significant difference. These cascades are becoming my favorite headphones full stop - I like Kens take on sound :)

I was using no filter until the 4th day and cannot be sure but something got burned in around day 5...my brain...driver...both...dunno but these are epic. All my favorite axe gods are shining. Randy Rhodes, Page,Beck, Clapton, Joe Walsh....Joe Walsh is freaking awesome but nothing played him back in full glory till these. "Life's been Good" guitar sounds best ever on this set. Out of all personal audio gear I have owned these play that on another level

20180309_190307[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #554 of 2,737
The more I listen to the Cascade the more I love them. I was listening to my 192/24 download of Miles Davis's "Kind of Blue" and it "blue" me away. The instruments sound so present and clear, and the bass is spot-on right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back