Cardas Cable Problems
Oct 9, 2009 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gbacic

500+ Head-Fier
hi,
I bought a pair of HD650's (used, I don't know how long) and they came with a Cardas Cable (single end). The cable worked perfectly before and they just recently stopped working in the right ear. If I push it in and move it a bit it will work, but this is obviously impractical.

Is there any way that I can fix the cable?

Thanks,
Goran

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 8
Try to wiggle the plug on it to see if it's possibly in the plug. I doubt it the right ear cup connector, but you never know.

If it's the plug, you can easily resolder it but if it's the right connector, you're going to have to cut it off and solder on a fresh on.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 8
sorry, I should have said it was the right connector.

Thanks

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Try this first, it's usually a problem with the connection and not necessarily the cable.

If it turns out to be the cable, I'm pretty sure Cardas will fix it under warranty.

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Just swap the left/right cables. If the problem moves to the other channel, it's the cable. If not, it's the internal connector.

se

nodualxlr.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Cardas offers GREAT customer service, IME. However, I doubt your issue is really a problem with the cable. 650's are notorious for the connector problem that can be fixed by carefully taking the driver out and spreading out the spring that the cable plugs into.

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just swap the left/right cables. If the problem moves to the other channel, it's the cable. If not, it's the internal connector.

se

nodualxlr.gif

Good troubleshooting advice.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Koyaan I. Sqatsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

se

nodualxlr.gif

Did this, and it's definitely the cable.
Cardas has emailed me back saying that I just have to pay for shipping there and they will fix it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back