Car Insurance for Teens...
Mar 15, 2009 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ChickenGod

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello!

Well I haven't been on for a while, but I always ask you guys for advice :p

Do you guys know any good car insurance for teenagers? Well I know it depends on conditions and stuff, but what auto insurance companies do you guys know?

I just need names!! Allstate... Progressive... Farmers...

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 18
Gjensidige, If, Storebrand, Enter

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello!

Well I haven't been on for a while, but I always ask you guys for advice :p

Do you guys know any good car insurance for teenagers? Well I know it depends on conditions and stuff, but what auto insurance companies do you guys know?

I just need names!! Allstate... Progressive... Farmers...

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Safeco is good. Geico is quite good with dealing with actually paying for any damage..Metlife has some decent deals as well. Try going through an agent..they can get you some real sweet deals.

It sucks that even though I am over 25, my insurance is still kinda high as I only got my license in the US when I turned 25.
Pity they don't take my driving experience on the roads of India since I was 16 as good driving history, since I am still in one piece.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 18
I just wanna point out that none of the insurance agencies you see on TV are offered in Massachusetts. None of them. Maybe its because everyone here (doesn't) know how to drive?

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pity they don't take my driving experience on the roads of India since I was 16 as good driving history, since I am still in one piece.

Clearly the missing piece of the puzzle is whether all the other people are still in equally good shape
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #6 of 18
There are no shortcuts to finding the company that will satisfy your needs. Assuming you reside in the USA check the AM Best rating looking for A or better. Consumers Reports has rated insurance companies for claims service in the past and JD Power has just given Auto-Owners Insurance Company their highest award.

Rates will vary wildly depending on the vehicle, other members of the household and the coverage chosen as well as the usual factors (MVR, where you live, etc.). One persons great company can very well be your worse nightmare.

Rather than dealing with companies with large advertising budgets and agents that work directly for them or phone service centers/internet only, you might seek out a few independent insurance agencies that handle many companies. Normally they will seek out the best rate for you and provide expert guidance as well.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 18
Yeah I noticed none of the car insurances apply for Massachusetts. I wonder why...

Oh and I just needed a list of insurance names so I could get a quote from some of them to see which one works for me..

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #8 of 18
It really doesn't matter. Just make sure the car has no power and two airbags. Something like an old Corolla, with an automatic. That's the only way you can not go broke.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #9 of 18
State Farm would be good if he doesn't have a screwed up record. If he is a lead foot like I was and has more points than the NBA then Allstate will take him but it wont be cheap. Geico is a 3 dollar whore and will chomp at the bit when given the chance to screw over your car. Please don't give Geico your money. I also had GMAC when my record was longer than my arm. I also had progressive but cant remember anything to tell you, must have been drunk those few years. We have state farm now and could not be happier with the service and price.
wink_face.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #10 of 18
The one from Costco is good.

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clearly the missing piece of the puzzle is whether all the other people are still in equally good shape
wink.gif

the worst they suffered were a few broken bones and bad lifelong scarring bruises. yeah, I don't think anyone is still cursing me for my antics..
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 18
Allstate will drop you if you have a minor fender-bender.
The Hartford is a good company,
I havent had a problem with Geico.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #14 of 18
All depends on the car. I am 19 and to insure my Integra it's $2,000 a YEAR. Same company same me, its $20 a YEAR to insure my Oldsmobile!! LOL NO AIRBAGS!!!

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #15 of 18
Actually it has more to do with the fact that a fairly large portion of the 16-21 year olds drive integras like complete freaking tools, street race, get tickets, get into accidents, and it's a popular source car for engine swaps into Civics and whatnot. It's not about the airbags. Integras get stolen a lot, and they get raced and smashed a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back