Can't settle on a DAC $350 budget
Nov 15, 2023 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BadMusicVideos

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at different day, currently running a Schitt Magni amp with cheap DAC.

I want something better than the Modi, I was looking at the Khadas Tone board which has some great reviews (but no optical input). There's also the JDS Atom DAC, but moving up price wise there's iFi Zen One Signature, Geshelli Labs, Cambridge Audio Dacmagic 100, and also versatile ones with headphone out like topping DX3 Pro, I simply want a "One DAC" that I might not need to upgrade and be set for awhile. Any recommendations? I'm currently running a Fosi V3 as my speaker amp as well.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Ended up ordering a Topping DX3 Pro Plus that I found on sale for fairly cheap...brief overview of reviews were good but some people seemed to trash the old version (Pro, not plus from 2019).

Some people seem to think Topping is a L brand. Did I make a mistake ordering this one? I might bite it and order a Geshelli Labs.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Deleted...

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Ended up ordering a Topping DX3 Pro Plus that I found on sale for fairly cheap...brief overview of reviews were good but some people seemed to trash the old version (Pro, not plus from 2019).

Some people seem to think Topping is a L brand. Did I make a mistake ordering this one? I might bite it and order a Geshelli Labs.
It's a cool dac for the money. I have more expensive stuff around, but i use the dx3 pro+ often. Powers my lcd-x, aeon x closed and my slate vsx headphones just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back