Can't get a good seal with the Mc5, any tips suggestions?
Feb 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nachash

500+ Head-Fier
As the title says... I can't get a good seal with the MC5, when i finally get it i can really enjoy it. But i can't move, because if i move just a little my head... i lose it.

So, i need something that is durable. Like plastic or i don't know, not a foam.

any suggestion? thanks, i hate my little ears :frowning2:

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 13
The Shure Olive foam tips worked wonders for me. I figure the Comply T-100 would do just as well. I don't really like them that much because they get dirty so fast (for me at least), but they did what they were supposed to do.

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 13

Quote:
As the title says... I can't get a good seal with the MC5, when i finally get it i can really enjoy it. But i can't move, because if i move just a little my head... i lose it.

So, i need something that is durable. Like plastic or i don't know, not a foam.

any suggestion? thanks, i hate my little ears
frown.gif

If you're using triflanges, are you using the smaller (bluish-colored) ones (which are the the ones that were installed on mine as shipped)? Even though my ear canals don't seem particularly large, I absolutely couldn't get a decent seal with those, but am very happy with the larger triflanges.

Also, look at the insertion directions on Etys' website. Moistening the tip and pulling up on the ear while inserting are critical to a good seal.

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 13
I'm using the larger, with the little ones i can't get any seal.

I've watched that video many times, but i can't get it :frowning2:

The Shure Olive foam tips worked wonders for me. I figure the Comply T-100 would do just as well. I don't really like them that much because they get dirty so fast (for me at least), but they did what they were supposed to do.
how much they long? because i don't wanna get a pair every month or 2.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 13
Then I guess you'll have to try something like the Olives. I haven't myself, but they seem to be the most frequently recommended alternative.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
I'm using the larger, with the little ones i can't get any seal.

I've watched that video many times, but i can't get it
frown.gif

Quote:

how much they long? because i don't wanna get a pair every month or 2.

They last years. Clean them once in awhile with warm soap and water and you're all good to go. Shure Olives are my favorite tips for any narrow nozzled IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back