Can't decide between Heir audio 3.a or 3.ai
Nov 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

noxa

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new pair of iem's and the Heir audio 3 have peaked my interest but I'm not sure whether to go for the custom or universal, I know there are obvious benefits to the custom but is the extra expense and lack of wood finish as standard still worthwhile. If anyone has heard both and could give me a run down of the advantages of the custom over the universal that would be much appreciated.

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 3
I was in the same boat, looking at doing the 3.A or Ai. I ended up ordering the 3.Ai, I figure if I was going to get a custom fit and get ear impressions i'll just save up and go all out on the 8.A and then have the easier option to sell the 3.Ai.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 3
I decided the exact same thing as you. I posted this thread a little while ago but would still like to hear from people who have heard both just to cure my curiosity on the universal/Custom divide because this is one of the only opportunities to compare the exact same driver, configuration and tuning but in a different shell. I think if this could be answered this really would help decide how much a custom fit really affect the sound we hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back