CanOpener?
May 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #241 of 270

Looking at their site, it looks as though they are doing a lot of dev work on PC/Mac applications. Honestly, this app is so good as it is, I don't even know what they would do to make it better. I'm pretty much blown away by Can Opener!

I agree that it is a really nice app. I have been using it for  a long time.

I miss a few minor features:

1. The possibility to change to "Album artist" from "artist"
2. The possibility to "Shuffle by Album" - a feature missed from a lot of the current ios players
3. A wider range of predefined equalizers would be nice as well

Aug 8, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #242 of 270
For those of you on android, after a/bing the Maxxspace function of maxxaudio does an indistinguishable job from canopener

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #243 of 270
So i just upgraded to the iPhone 6s and the CanOpener app does not seem to be working.  It opens up and acts like it is playing music (the little indicator moves around the wheel, though the time of the song does not count up/down) but no sound comes out.  Apple music app works fine.  CanOpener even silences the music from the Apple app when it starts up but does not put out any music of its own.  

Have others had similar issues? Anyone know of a fix? I have an email into their support and will post if i hear back.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #244 of 270
i have jvc-ha fx3x iem i need pencil eq present reccomendation which contains good sound and bass can someone help me ??? devkerr your app is the best one tnx for develop it for us :) can you recommend a pencil eq present for me too :D

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #245 of 270
  So i just upgraded to the iPhone 6s and the CanOpener app does not seem to be working.  It opens up and acts like it is playing music (the little indicator moves around the wheel, though the time of the song does not count up/down) but no sound comes out.  Apple music app works fine.  CanOpener even silences the music from the Apple app when it starts up but does not put out any music of its own.  

Have others had similar issues? Anyone know of a fix? I have an email into their support and will post if i hear back.

Same issue here.

Very disappointed as I used to love this app. Last update is over a year old (Dec. 16th 2014). t looks as if they have abandoned development.

Any good alternatives to recommend? I especially enjoyed their crossfeed feature

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #246 of 270
Same issue here.

Very disappointed as I used to love this app. Last update is over a year old (Dec. 16th 2014). t looks as if they have abandoned development.

Any good alternatives to recommend? I especially enjoyed their crossfeed feature

Mine is working again. Shutting down the app and restarting works. Could restart phone if necessary.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #247 of 270
Using the latest IOS, in iTunes -  I drag my FLAC files from my computer into Can Opener 'FLAC' file in the APPS section in my device shown.  The device shows tons of gigs of files, but when I look in my app on the iPad, there are only maybe 10 files shown.  I'm lost...  Can you help?

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #250 of 270
Anyone using Canopener Studio on OSX?  I'm using it in Audirvana and simply can't listen to headphones without it anymore and I've tried all the others.

Jul 16, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #252 of 270
I have never used the desktop app. Love the iOS app. I wish they were still supporting it as I think it's great, and it will inevitably become incompatible with future versions of iOS. Are they still supporting the OS X software?

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #254 of 270
Incompatibility with iOS may be a way off yet. CanOpener is working fine for me under iOS 10 beta 2.

That's cool to hear! There are some other really great iOS players, too, but the cross-feed effect on this one is unique and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back